About the opportunity
This is a central role providing an essential technical service to employees, auditors and customers of Soil Association Certification for all its forestry schemes world-wide, providing guidance to certification staff and auditors in operational delivery, and working with key external stakeholders on technical issues. The role supports delivery of our accreditation requirements and includes an element of training to staff and auditors.
The successful candidate will have degree in forestry, wood science, ecology, environment or a related discipline and/or considerable practical experience in one or more of these fields. Excellent knowledge of certification, quality systems and accreditation, and knowledge of the content and implementation of standards in the forestry sector/experience leading audits are desirable, as is experience in training delivery.
We offer a range of financial and lifestyle benefits to all our employees, including:
- 27 days annual holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with ethical investment options and employer contribution
- Free membership of the Soil Association and discounts on organic produce
- Volunteer days to give back to the local community or support green initiatives
- Family friendly policies and flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sociable and engaging workplace of professionals that share a passion for healthy, sustainable lifestyle and produce
30 hours per week