📣 A bit about the role.
The People Advisor position is a true generalist role at Butternut with exciting opportunities to work across a breadth of project-based work and everyday tasks.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for supporting managers and our squad members with people related processes, policies and compliance.
Our values are at the center of everything we do, when you support a squad member or a manager it should be with #GenuineCare and an #Open&Honest approach. We’re always #StrivingForBetter, so you should always be looking for new ways to improve things and enhance our squad members' experience.
In addition to setting up the London team up for success, you’ll play a vital role in how we do things as a global team, collaborating on projects such as new market growth, attrition and process automation.
This role will report to the People Manager.
What you’ll get up to:
- You’ll be the point of contact for those who need guidance on their employee rights and entitlements
- You’ll independently manage Employee Relations cases end-to-end including investigation, disciplinary, grievance, flexible working, occupational health, absence and performance management. You’ll provide commercially-sound advice throughout the process
- You’ll make sure that diversity, equity and inclusion is at the forefront of our policies and processes, you’ll champion, celebrate and maintain awareness of ways to make things equitable for all squad members
- You’ll keep up to date with local employment laws and working practices, updating our relevant guidelines, documentation and Notion pages as necessary to remain compliant
- You’ll provide accurate and detailed People-related data and reporting – this includes a proactive approach to absence management and attrition, ensuring we effectively monitor any trends that may require intervention
- You’ll support the team in maintaining our HR system, Charlie HR and UKG, with high levels of accuracy, partnering with our Payroll Advisor to ensure they have everything they need to run a seamless, error-free payroll
- You’ll contribute to the bi-annual planning cycles by attending review sessions, collating data on team performance, and sharing ideas for improvements and new projects
You’ll help identify any other projects or processes we need to turn our attention to, keeping continuous improvement in mind – if things we put into place don’t work, let’s reflect, learn and make things better!
👋 A bit about you.
- You will have previous experience in a similar role and demonstrable Employee Relations experience
- You have a strong understanding of current UK employment legislation, with the ability to apply a common-sense, commercial approach to solving problems
- You will naturally be discreet and operate with integrity
- You have an eye for detail and are accurate, with a focus on delivery and quality
- You’re comfortable using HR systems, people analytics and analysis, producing required stats and ad hoc reports
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Co-working office space. Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.