TrustedHousesitters is a global marketplace that is disrupting the holiday pet care industry by connecting a community of pet owners with pet-loving sitters. Customers join for one annual fee. After that, sits take place as a trust-based, money-free exchange that sees owners enjoy high-quality in-home pet care while our sitters enjoy the company of pets and unlock a world of unique accommodation.
We're fully in scale-up mode and have grown to be the only global platform of its kind. In the last few years, we’ve consistently achieved high year-on-year growth, and have remained resilient throughout the COVID-19 crisis. Thanks to strong tailwinds in the pet and travel industries in the post-Covid world, 2021 has been our strongest year so far. As a result of that, we’ve just closed a $10m series A funding round, and have an ambitious growth strategy to execute this year.
At TrustedHousesitters, you’ll be part of a pet-passionate, fast-growing team who are all committed to collaborating, constantly improving and having some fun while we’re at it. Sounds exciting right? We think so. If you want the opportunity to be part of that, we’d love to hear from you.
This position is based out of our central Brighton office but with a "remote-first" schedule.
About the role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and proactive People Experience & Operations Executive to join our growing team! Working closely with the Diversity & Inclusion team, People Managers and external HR support, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Responding to all queries from the TrustedHousesitters team via email and Slack
- Onboarding new starters, offboarding leavers and coordinating all internal promotions/lateral role changes
- All office management related tasks including tech set-up, coordinating laptop and home office equipment and ensuring all equipment is replaced in a timely manner
- Managing our Brighton HQ office, taking in deliveries and ensuring the office fridge is fully stocked
- Working closely with the Diversity & Inclusion team, People Managers and external HR team to implement a consistent and inclusive hiring process, (and conducting first-round screening interviews when needed)
- Implementing our People Experience & Operations processes and FAQs
- Identifying inefficiencies and improving internal processes for our employees and managers
- Using eNPS surveys to monitor employee and onboarding/offboarding experiences - and come up with new ways to improve things
- Organising internal events
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - you will be comfortable communicating with various stakeholders
- Sense of ownership - you are self-driven and happy to work autonomously (but equally happy to ask for support when you need it)
- Enthusiastic and a team player - you’re happy to jump in and support the wider team on a variety of tasks when needed
- Passionate about making People Experience & Operations as open and transparent as possible
- Proven organisational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritise
- You’ll share our values - and have a passion for pets, people and travel!
What we’d like you to have
- Experience in a start-up/growth-stage tech company
- Previous experience in a HR or People Operations role
- Experience with software tools such as Google Workspace and Slack
- Learning and development
Keen and curious? From conferences to courses, you’ll be helped and cheered on to grow personally and professionally. In 2020-2021 we have funded members of our team through Reforge, the world's leading development programme for experienced growth professionals.
- Unlimited house and pet sitting
We actively encourage all of our team members to go Housesitting whenever possible, offering stipends and flexible working opportunities to help make this happen.
- Health and wellbeing
We offer the benefit of "Simply Health" to all employees, offering paid cover for a variety of medical appointments and treatments including dental.
- Tech and Tools
At TrustedHousesitters, there’s a MacBook for every team member and a home-office budget.
- Fun and games
We have regular company and team social events, both online and in-person, which gives our remote team an opportunity to connect and celebrate our successes.