TrustedHousesitters is a global marketplace that is disrupting the pet care and travel industries. We connect a community of home and pet owners with sitters to solve a common two-sided problem - pet care and cost-effective travel. Customers join for one annual fee. After that, sits take place as a trust-based, money-free exchange that sees owners enjoy worry-free travel while our sitters enjoy the company of pets and unlock a world of unique accommodation.
We're fully in scale-up mode and have grown to be the only global platform of its kind. In the last few years, we’ve consistently achieved high year-on-year growth, and have remained resilient throughout the COVID-19 crisis. Thanks to strong tailwinds in the pet and travel industry in the post-Covid world, 2021 has been our strongest year so far. As a result of that, we’ve recently closed a $10m series A funding round, and have an ambitious growth strategy to execute on this year.
We've recently made the transition to a remote-first business, however we've retained a HQ in central Brighton which is available for collaborative working and in-person meetups.
We’re looking for a talented Product Designer (Growth) to join our Product team. This is a great opportunity to help scale TrustedHousesitters.
This is a remote UK-based role. Sorry, but we can't employ non UK-based candidates and sponsor visas at the moment.
What you’ll do at TrustedHousesitters
- You will be working on acquisition and virality initiatives to grow our member base
- As a Product Designer for the Growth squad, you’ll work with developers, PM and other stakeholders to help shape and contribute towards the product vision and roadmap for your area of product
- Help uncover user problems through qualitative and quantitative research
- Find solutions through ideation and creation of prototypes and testing
- Partner with other designers, product and engineering to oversee and ensure quality user experience from conception to launch and continuous product iterations
- Nurture best practices, investing in design standards, systems, and processes
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in:
- Leading projects from conception through to completion and successfully identifying and solving user problems
- Strong UX focus
- Designing for web and mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- Interaction and visual design, prototyping, and testing
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research including user interviews
- Interpreting data to inform design decisions
- Experimentation and A/B testing
- Writing or briefing product copy
- Working within and contributing to design systems
- Planning and running ideation sessions with cross functional team members
- Putting user experience at the heart of the decision-making process and championing user led design within an organisation
- Adapting designs across platforms with an understanding of their limitations and opportunities
Our ideal candidate will also have
- A strong portfolio showcasing your work
- 3+ years of experience designing products and solving user problems
We would love it if you could also demonstrate
- Startup experience
- Marketplace experience
- Growth experience
Learning and development
Keen and curious? From conferences to courses, you’ll be helped and cheered on to grow personally and professionally.
Unlimited house and pet sitting
We actively encourage all of our team members to go Housesitting whenever possible, offering stipends and flexible working opportunities to help make this happen.
Health and wellbeing
We offer the benefit of "Simply Health" to all employees, offering paid cover for a variety of medical appointments and treatments including dental.
Tech and Tools
At TrustedHousesitters, there’s a MacBook Pro for every team member and a home-office budget.
Fun and games
We have regular company and team social events, both online and in-person, which gives our remote team an opportunity to connect and celebrate our successes.