Credit Risk Manager
London, Credit Risk
Lendable is on a mission to make consumer finance amazing: faster, cheaper and friendlier.
We’re building one of the world’s leading fintech companies and are off to a strong start:
- One of the UK’s newest unicorns with a team of just over 150 people
- Among the top 10 fastest growing tech companies in the UK
- Profitable since 2017
- Backed by top investors including Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs
- Loved by customers with the best reviews in the market (4.8/5 across 10,000s of reviews)
So far, we’ve rebuilt the Big Three consumer finance products from scratch: loans, credit cards, and car finance. We get money into our customers’ hands in minutes instead of days.
We’re growing fast, and there’s a lot more to do: we’re going after the two biggest Western markets (UK and US) where trillions worth of these are held by big banks with dated systems and painful processes.
Join us if you want to
- Work in small teams of exceptional people, trusted to take ownership and make decisions quickly
- Be relentlessly resourceful to solve problems and find smarter solutions than the status quo
- Build the best technology in house, using new data sources, machine learning and AI to make machines do the heavy lifting
About the role
We’re looking for a super-smart manager who is great with numbers and loves problem-solving to come and apply your skills in a start-up environment and have a big impact on our business and how we do things.
We want someone who has experience using data to drive credit risk decisions to join us and use your analytical and credit skills to generate key insights from data and use that insight to drive meaningful change in our strategy.
You’ll be working for an ambitious company, in a fast-paced environment, with minimal bureaucracy.
Your team’s objectives
- We use data and credit judgment to decide on credit policy. Ultimately, the big questions for our team are: who do we lend to, how much should we lend to them, what interest rate should we charge, and how does the wider economic environment impact those decisions.
- We also own the NPV model, which we use to forecast returns for our investors.
The interview process
We’re not corporate, so we try our best to get things moving as quickly as possible. For this role we’d expect:
- A quick phone call with one of the team
- Case study interview(s)
- Onsite interview
- CRO interview
- Meet the team you’ll work with daily
Life at Lendable (also check out our Glassdoor page)
- The opportunity to scale up one of the world’s most successful fintech companies.
- Best-in-class compensation including equity.
- You can work from home every Monday and Friday if you wish - on the other days we all come together IRL to be together, build and exchange ideas.
- Our in-house chef prepares fresh, healthy lunch in the office every Tuesday-Thursday.
- We’re growing and moving to a brand new office in Shoreditch, but will keep our penthouse loft for festivities.
- We organise an annual trip with the whole company, to celebrate our milestones and reflect on our achievements.
- We're an equal opportunity employer and are looking to make Lendable the most inclusive and open workspace in London