Job Description - Finance Assistant - Field
A bit about Field
To reach Net Zero, we need to solve big challenges - like how to store energy, solve grid intermittency, and heat our homes without fossil fuels. And, if we’re going to prevent climate catastrophe, we need to do this now. Field will fund, build and run the renewable infrastructure we need to tackle these challenges.
We’re starting with energy storage, with a portfolio of batteries in the UK. Battery storage is critical to the future success of renewable energy in the UK and beyond. It will allow us to store renewable energy for when it's needed, creating a more reliable, flexible and green grid.
We need to massively accelerate the installation of battery assets. Field will show that batteries are a totally viable part of our energy infrastructure - now, not in some distant future. And, we have ambitious plans to become the leading energy storage player in the UK over the next few years.
Our founder is Amit Gudka, who previously co-founded Bulb.
The Finance Assistant role will be critical in supporting the running of the day-to-day finance function. You will be responsible for ensuring that the finance process runs smoothly and efficiently, while being able to deal with the curveballs that could come up working in a start-up environment.
Below is an overview of the main responsibilities. However, the company will continue to grow in complexity, so this is by no means an exhaustive list.
- Supplier Management
- Manage supplier relationships and billing
- Raise purchase orders and track supplier invoicing and spend
- Reconcile supplier statements to contracts and POs
- Set up new vendors in ERP system
- Initiate approvals process for POs, bills, invoices, vendors and payments
- Liaise directly with suppliers to address invoicing or payment queries
- Cash Management
- Reconcile bank accounts and perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Process invoices from PO through to payment
- Responsible for supplier and intercompany payment runs for the Group (currently 8 entities with over 25 bank accounts, which will grow to 40+ entities within a year!)
- Maintaining detailed trackers of open POs, invoices and bills due for payment
- Producing reports and providing analysis on weekly cash and expenses
- Financial System Management
- Organize and maintain detailed accounts filing records on Google Drive and NetSuite
- Manage finance inbox, billing and invoice queries
- Drive improvements and efficiencies through automation of routine tasks and processes
- Manage and maintain employee expense system (Pleo), working closely with people across the business to ensure accurate records and VAT treatment
- Responsible for monthly HMRC filings including PAYE, CIS and VAT compliance
A bit about you:
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about the renewable energy
- Drive and self-motivation, a strong eye for detail and good analytical skills
- Humble and hands-on team player, necessary in a small company environment
- Ability to work well with others at all levels, including senior management
- Ability to work to tight timescales and deadlines
- Ability to multitask, manage time effectively, and plan across multiple initiatives
Experience and skills we look for:
- 1+ years experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable MS Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs)
- Interest working in rapid-growth, fast-changing environments
- Desirable: Experience with HMRC filings
- Desirable: Knowledge of NetSuite
Why join us?
- Genuine impact: You will actually be building and operating the renewable infrastructure we need to reach net zero. This is not a green CSR initiative, but a company that is taking a leading role in building one of the critical solutions to a generational problem.
- Make things happen: We are still an early stage start-up, and you will have significant accountability to make things happen from day 1. You will have a lot of autonomy, will learn quickly, and be given a LOT of room to grow.
- Define a new industry: The energy market is in a paradigm shift right now, evolving at a breathtaking pace, and you will play a leading role in defining how that market evolves and innovates over the next few years.
- Exceptional, diverse team: We are an eclectic team with varied backgrounds. We have experience scaling billion dollar tech start-ups, building energy companies, as well as deep specialisms in the energy markets. You will learn from and work with a bunch of fun, curious, and entrepreneurial people that really want to make an impact.
Diversity & inclusion:
Diverse teams make better teams. Field is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy/maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation.