International Partnerships Lead – Europe and the Americas
We’re on a mission to level the playing field when it comes to young people finding and applying for their next step after school. We're achieving this by bringing all the available information into one single, impartial, user-friendly platform that helps students to make the best choices, and submit the strongest applications. We also empower teachers and counselors to manage the progression process effectively.
Our outlook is global: we work with schools and universities all over the world, from the US to New Zealand, Somaliland to Burkina Faso, Italy to Hong Kong. We want to make it so that young people can compare every opportunity taught in English, wherever it is in the world, and have all the support they need to make successful applications.
We have a clear social purpose, and we’re hugely ambitious. We already work with nearly half of UK secondary schools, and hundreds of international schools. We are growing rapidly in terms of the number of our customers, in terms of how much they use our platform, and in terms of the breadth of products we offer.
Our team is at the heart of our business and is integral to our success. We work hard to foster a culture of happiness, openness, and innovation, and we commit to helping every individual learn and grow so that they can reach their full potential. We want to hire talented people, whatever their background. If you are excited by our mission and are ready to work hard, please don’t hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
We believe in the power of diversity. If you are from an ethnic minority background, we strongly encourage you to apply. In advance of applying if you have any questions about working at Unifrog, please contact our Diversity Champions, Hannah and Farhana (visit our website for details).
The role and your key responsibilities
As International Partnerships Lead, your role is to provide world class customer service and support to over 200 international schools in your region. You will be responsible for onboarding our new international schools and supporting our existing international schools to make the most of the Unifrog platform. Solutions and customer service focused, you will make sure that all interactions with Unifrog are prompt, positive and successful.
You will cover the Europe and Americas region, with international travel typically required once a term for school visits and conferences.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Being the first point of contact for our international partner schools in the region.
- Responding to queries and supporting schools with making the most of their Unifrog accounts.
- Onboarding new schools that join us. You will make sure that they are properly set up on our platform and have a strong plan in place so that they and their students can get the most out of Unifrog.
- Helping to improve our onboarding materials and processes using feedback you get from our partners.
Training staff on how to use the platform; this could be a one-to-one phonecall, a video meeting with a school’s key Unifrog contacts, a webinar with lots of teachers attending from around the world; or an in person visit to one of our partner schools subject to travel restrictions.
- Monitoring and analysing usage across partner schools, identifying schools that need additional support to use the platform effectively.
- Working with your partner Area Manager to improve Unifrog engagement across the region.
- Proactively working to foster a sense of community amongst our Unifrog partners
Essential skills and characteristics
- Fluency in Spanish and English (lots of our partners speak Spanish and will you need to lead some sessions in this language).
- Strong communication skills – written, over the phone and on video calls.
- Track record of excellent customer service and relationship management.
- Confident working independently but happy to ask for support when it’s needed.
- Extremely well organized, with a keen attention to detail
- A background and interest in education would be an advantage.
- Proactive attitude and willingness to get stuck in.
You will be joining a team of highly motivated people who are passionate about our mission of helping students to find the best next step for them after school. If this excites you, you love building relationships, and you’re an energetic person who is willing to learn, then we’d love to hear from you.
You’ll work alongside an Area Manager in your region, as well as colleagues in our International Partnerships team. You’ll be line managed by our International Partnerships Manager.
- Become part of a committed, dynamic and growing team. We want to build the team at Unifrog for the long term – if you do well, we will do our best to make you want to stay at the company for a long time.
- Professional development is important at Unifrog. You will define your own 6-month objectives and will be supported by your line manager and the rest of the team to achieve them. You will have an annual training allowance to spend on what you need to grow and progress.
- Influence the company’s direction: we love to promote great ideas, wherever they come from.
- Share in company-wide performance bonus.
- Join one of the most talked about edtech startups and help transform careers and destinations in schools.
- For details of further benefits we offer our staff, please see the jobs page of our website.
- £30,000 per annum (Grade B).
- 28 days paid holiday per year (plus bank holidays).
- Working hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 4:30pm on Friday.
- Work remotely, or flexibly in our London office.
- Start date: as soon as possible, though we will be flexible for the right candidate.
- To discuss any details about the role before applying please contact Zoe (details on our website).
Application and interview details
- Deadline: 22:00 (GMT) on Sunday 14th August 2022.
- To apply, please visit our website to upload your CV and complete the questions and tasks below:
i. Why do you want to work for Unifrog? (200 words)
ii. With reference to the job description, what makes you an excellent candidate for this role? (500 words)
iii. A teacher who has just started using Unifrog gets in touch with the email below. Using our website to guide you, draft an appropriate response (200 words).
Our school has just signed up to use your platform and I wanted to check some things.
Please could you let me know how your platform could help my student who is applying to US universities? Furthermore, my IT department has asked me to check whether Unifrog is GDPR compliant, and related to that, whether Unifrog is treated as a data controller or a data processor?
- The next stage of the application process will be a short task over the phone. We will schedule these tasks throughout the application window so we encourage you to apply early.
- Final interviews will be held by video call, w/c 22nd August 2022.
- We can only consider applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK.
Inclusion and diversity at Unifrog
Within the company we try to foster a culture of innovation, and a happy working environment, both because this is the right thing to do, and because we think this results in the most effective team. To this end we believe in open communication, celebrating successes, supporting each other, not being afraid to be wrong or to fail, and promoting good ideas wherever they come from. We also believe in the power of diversity in all its forms, including in terms of culture, education history, religion, age, socio-economic background, race, gender, sexual orientation, personality, life experiences and disability. We want to encourage applicants from every different background to apply for our roles, and add their perspectives to our team.