An exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager with knowlegde of Finance, has arisen at the venture builder Carbon13. The Head of Finance & Operations will work closely with the COO and will take the lead on day-to-day finance and operations – as well as work closely with the cohorts.
- This role is a fantastic opportunity for a proactive finance / operations professional to take the lead on these functions in a well-funded and hyper-growth venture builder. The role holder will work closely with the ventures, supporting them from joining, incorporation, fundraising and beyond; giving you exposure to innovative climate action businesses through their start-up journey.
- Support overall financial management, planning, systems and controls. We currently have external accounting support but we would like someone to ensure scalable processes and systems are in place for the future.
- Improve operational systems, processes and policies -specifically, management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organisational planning
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services through improvements to functions as well as coordination and communication between operational support and programme development and delivery
- Management of budget in coordination with the COO as well as development of individual programme budgets
- Lead annual budgeting, forecasting and planning process for annual budget with the COO
- Liaison with fund manager on operation and performance of fund
- Responsible for liaison with outsourced management accountancy firm for accounting policies, cash flow management and liquidity, including; invoice processing, Reconciliation of bank accounts, Payroll / pensions payments, PAYE/VAT payments, monthly/annual management accounts, Treasury forecasting
Provide financial management of all project funded activities and programmes
- Lead assessments and forecasts of financial performance against budget and cash flow, financial and operational goals
- Support to the Company Secretary, including organising all statutory returns: HMRC, VAT, PAYE and Companies House reporting (annual return)
Drive initiatives that contribute to long-term operational excellence - and support SMT
Build up and manage day-to-day operations, particularly HR & IT incl. onboarding new starters, liaison with legal counsel, management of web-based IT platforms, use of KYC & AML software systems and general operations.
- Support our efforts to expand into the EU and work with our external legal/accounting partners to ensure compliance with relevant international laws and regulations when operating outside the UK
- Work towards achieving B Corp accreditation
- Support to programme management team with candidate application process
- Maintain and review all office policies and procedures
- You will have at least three years of work experience in a relevant role
- You may have worked in an accounting firm or consultancy or in operations in a company
- You are completely at ease with financial terminology and concepts - with a knowledge of financial modelling & data
- You are familiar with Xero or similar accounting software
- Can create and manage Excel spreadsheets to create simple budgeting and planning models
- You are at ease in a start-up company situation in a small team where your role and functions will change
- You have the flexibility to adapt to a rapidly growing company
- You are inspired to work at a company which is purpose driven and focused on the climate emergency
- You are a team player who has a clear idea of how to work according to priorities and tight delivery schedules
- You have good communications skills, both written and verbal