International Area Manager – East Asia
We’re on a mission to level the playing field when it comes to young people finding and applying for their next step after school. We're achieving this by bringing all the available information into one single, impartial, user-friendly platform that helps students to make the best choices, and submit the strongest applications. We also empower teachers and counselors to manage the progression process effectively.
Our outlook is global: we work with schools and universities all over the world, from the US to New Zealand, Somaliland to Burkina Faso, Italy to Hong Kong. We want to make it so that young people can compare every opportunity taught in English, wherever it is in the world, and have all the support they need to make successful applications.
We have a clear social purpose, and we’re hugely ambitious. We already work with nearly half of UK secondary schools, and hundreds of international schools. We are growing rapidly in terms of the number of our customers, in terms of how much they use our platform, and in terms of the breadth of products we offer.
Our team is at the heart of our business and is integral to our success. We work hard to foster a culture of happiness, openness, and innovation, and we commit to helping every individual learn and grow so that they can reach their full potential. We want to hire talented people, whatever their background. If you are excited by our mission and are ready to work hard, please don’t hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
We believe in the power of diversity. If you are from an ethnic minority background, we strongly encourage you to apply. In advance of applying if you have any questions about working at Unifrog, please contact our Diversity Champions, Hannah and Farhana (visit our website for details).
The role and your key responsibilities
As an International Area Manager, you’ll take a leading role in growing the international arm of Unifrog and supporting engagement with our existing international schools, helping them to make the most of the Unifrog platform. Excellent customer service is at the heart of what we do, and you will make sure that all interactions with Unifrog are positive and successful.
You will cover the East Asia region, working with international schools across this continent, and your responsibilities will include:
- Meeting with potential partners at international schools (via video call and, covid-permitting, in person). You’ll effectively demonstrate the Unifrog platform and look to secure their ongoing subscription.
- Supporting schools with constructing their long and short-term Higher Education guidance strategy, then reporting on the impact of the Unifrog platform each academic year.
- Maintaining outstanding relationships with existing partner schools, which includes delivering remote training to ensure they make the most of the platform.
- Developing an excellent knowledge of the international Higher Education landscape and consulting with schools on how to best support their students.
- Proactively working to foster a sense of community amongst our Unifrog partners and always thinking about how we can promote the sharing and embedding of Unifrog best practice across our partner schools.
- Achieving high resubscription rates.
- Working collaboratively with an International Partnerships Lead in your area to devise strategies for success with our partner international schools.
Essential skills and experiences
- Strong communication skills – both written and over the phone.
- Track record of excellent relationship management.
- Personable and resilient.
- Active listening and objection handling skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, both in terms of familiarizing yourself with the education sector, and in terms of grasping what works and what doesn’t when interacting with prospective customers.
- Interest in the education sector (edtech experience is favorable but not necessary).
- Proactive attitude and willingness to get stuck in.
You will be joining a team of highly motivated people who are passionate about our mission of helping students to find the best next step for them after school. If this excites you and you’re an energetic person who is willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Become part of a committed, dynamic and growing team. We want to build the team at Unifrog for the long term – if you do well, we will do our best to make you want to stay at the company for a long time.
- Professional development is important at Unifrog. You will define your own 6-month objectives and will be supported by your line manager and the rest of the team to achieve them. You will have an annual training allowance to spend on what you need to grow and progress.
- Your commission will be based on revenue you generate. It will be unlimited – perform well and there is no salary cap.
- Influence the company’s direction: we love to promote great ideas, wherever they come from.
- Join one of the most talked about edtech startups and help transform careers and destinations in schools.
- For details of further benefits we offer our staff, please see the jobs page of our website.
You’ll be line managed by the Head of International Sales. You will also have daily contact with the wider international schools team, and the HE, marketing and finance teams.
Inclusion and diversity at Unifrog
Within the company we try to foster a culture of innovation, and a happy working environment, both because this is the right thing to do, and because we think this results in the most effective team. To this end we believe in open communication, celebrating successes, supporting each other, not being afraid to be wrong or to fail, and promoting good ideas wherever they come from. We also believe in the power of diversity in all its forms, including in terms of culture, education history, religion, age, socio-economic background, race, gender, sexual orientation, personality, life experiences and disability. We want to encourage applicants from every different background to apply for our roles, and add their perspectives to our team.
- £35,000 (350,700 HKD) per annum plus unlimited commission, plus bonuses (Grade B). OTE of £55,000 (551,100 HKD).
- 28 days paid holiday per year (plus Hong Kong bank holidays).
- Working hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 4:30pm on Friday.
- All travel expenses covered.
- Private medical insurance.
- Work remotely, or flexibly in our Hong Kong office. The successful candidate must have the right to work in Hong Kong.
- Start date: as soon as possible, though we will be flexible for the right candidate.
- To discuss any details about the role before applying please contact Stephen (details on our website).
Application and interview details
- Deadline: 22:00 (GMT) on Sunday 14th August 2022.
- To apply, please visit our website to upload your CV and answer the questions below:
- Why do you want to work for Unifrog? (200 words)
- With reference to the job description, what makes you an excellent candidate for this role? (500 words)
- The next stage of the application process will be a short task over the phone. We will schedule these tasks throughout the application window so we encourage you to apply early.
- Final interviews will be held by video call, w/c 22nd August 2022.