About Tech Nation
Tech Nation is the growth platform for tech companies and leaders. We fuel the growth of game-changing founders, leaders and scaling companies so they can positively transform societies and economies, by providing them with the coaching, content and community they need for their journey in designing the future.
We bring together a network of purposeful founders, leaders and philanthropists, progressive enterprises and policymakers, influential funds and institutions so we can collaborate in building the technological innovation that will improve the future for the UK and beyond.
We provide learning and content, insights and analysis, coaching and research. We’re laser focused on delivering powerful outcomes and impact, because collectively we want to create a world in which anyone with vision and drive can access the skills and support needed to scale and succeed as a game-changing leader. #WeAreTechNation. We fuel growth.
Our company values:
- Deliver impact that lasts
- Collaborate to innovate
- Inform to inspire
- Be all in
About the role
This role offers the opportunity to develop and execute the Fintech programme: a 6 month mentorship programme for some of the most exciting (pre Series A) UK scaling tech companies whose product or service contribute to the UK’s thriving Fintech sector.
This role requires a flexible and creative mindset alongside exceptional execution ability. This is a unique opportunity to continue to build Tech Nation’s business lifecycle offerings while delivering a structured series of events and online learning resources.
A Day in the Life of the Fintech Programme Lead might look like this:
As Fintech Programme Lead, you are responsible for end to end programme delivery, from pre-programme, mid-programme and post-programme activity. This is an extremely hands on role and involves everything from managing the company selection process to delivering an exceptional quality experience, to developing and maintaining engagement with a wide variety of stakeholders.
In particular, working with your Tech Nation colleagues you will focus on the following:
- Programme Development & Iteration
- Programme Educational Content
- Application sourcing and judging
- Recruitment and selection of speakers
- Boost speakers acquisition and engagement
In particular you will be expected to:
- Develop a pipeline of candidates for the Fintech programme
- Outreach to relevant companies via direct contact and through partners
- Engage and provide information to all interested candidates
- Implement a clear judging process utilising the advisory board and judges
- Conduct interviews with programme candidates
- Maintain speedy and concise communication with the companies, speakers, advisors and other stakeholders
- Successfully include alumni participants in the current programme
- Network to continually source advisors and experts who can add to the programme
- Maintain communication with partners of the programme to ensure they are informed about activity and supported in meeting their objectives
- Close collaboration with the wider Tech Nation team
- Number of companies successfully engaged on programme
- Overall programme and session Net Promoter Scores (NPS)
- National reach and Diversity metrics
- Community engagement metrics
As well as sharing our ambitions and values you will have:
- Running an equivalent community programme or leadership experience at a fast scaling business (Pre Series A and beyond)
- Experience setting up or leading projects that requires creativity and flexibility with a operational/execution focus
- Understanding of challenges faced by scaling companies
- Experience that demonstrates an understanding of current trends within the Fintech space
- Experience that demonstrates technology and an awareness of the major players and resources within this space.
- Project management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication (Both verbal and written)
- Experience that demonstrates you are a doer/go getter
- An ability to make complex decisions with incomplete information
- Persuasion and influencing skills
- Enthusiastic, friendly and understand how to persuade a group
- You strive for constant improvement
- Humility- willing to admit what you don’t know and tenacity to find and engage people who do have the answers
- Results-driven, high-performing, high-quality work attitude
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.