The leading platform to discover and shop independent boutiques and brands. Trouva connects a global customer-base with the best independent bricks-and-mortar boutiques from across the UK and Europe. Our independent community offers a unique curation of established, new and emerging brands across homewares, fashion and lifestyle, that you won’t find anywhere else.Trouva is one of Europe's 50 fastest growing companies (2020 FT 1000) and was recently named Retail Week's 'Best Retailer Under £250M'
We’re using cutting edge technology to harness the expertise of the best bricks-and-mortar shops from Shoreditch to Stockholm, scaling their offering online to connect with a global customer base seeking unique, hard-to-find homewares. At Trouva, we envision a world where beautiful offline inventory is easily available to all.
We’re lucky enough to be backed by world leading investors whose successes include ASOS, Farfetch, and Dropbox (Index Ventures, Octopus Venture and BGF), with Angel Investors including current and former C level execs from Just Eat, Google, eBay & Deliveroo. We’ve been covered by the likes of Forbes, Vogue, The BBC, TechCrunch and Sky News and have won Emerging Retailer of the Year at the Retail Week Awards, as well as being recognised by the likes of Retail 100, Maserati 100 and Technation’s Future Fifty.
You will be part of the newly formed Data & Analytics team which combines the three core Data disciplines, Engineering, Analytics and Data Science. As a Data Engineer you'll actively take part in expanding our current stack and building new ETL processes. You will get to experience the opportunities and challenges of working with data streams that originate from different sources, the standardisation process and the automation triggers that are required to keep the data clean.
Collaborating with the wider Product team, you will help us define new processes and expose our data through APIs allowing the rest of the business to consume it and discover actionable insights.
At Trouva we have to constantly evolve and iterate over our data architecture and processes to match the fast growing needs of the business, and as part of that you will have the chance to work with different technologies and tools and to actively help shape the vision for Data Engineering.
- Good experience with SQL (we’re a PostgreSQL house, but dialect experience is flexible) for Data Interrogation and Manipulation
- Experience using Python to deploy Data Functions (End to End ETL Processes, Integration with API/Non-API data sources, Data cleansing using libraries such as Pandas/Numpy, Writing effective tests)
- Ideally experience working in the AWS Stack (e.g. RDS, EC2, Lambda, S3) - and an inquisitive mindset for adopting other technologies such as AWS Redshift and Data Streaming
- Keen to communicate and work closely on fast-moving projects with other departments ranging from other Developers to Product Specialists
- Bonus: Experience with general Database Monitoring and Performance Tuning practices
- Bonus: We use Prefect for our ETL workflows - any experience in that is a nice-to-have!
- Competitive salary
- 25 days + public holidays
- Flexible, remote working policy
- Macbook Pro and Bose Noise cancelling headphones as standard issue, and any other tech you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk