The leading platform to discover and shop independent boutiques and brands. Trouva connects a global customer-base with the best independent bricks-and-mortar boutiques from across the UK and Europe. Our independent community offers a unique curation of established, new and emerging brands across homewares, fashion and lifestyle, that you won’t find anywhere else.Trouva is one of Europe's 50 fastest growing companies (2020 FT 1000) and was recently named Retail Week's 'Best Retailer Under £250M'
Trouva is hiring a Senior Product Designer to work across both our consumer and back-office products that make the world’s best boutique’s goods available online through our website and our new iOS app. The role is based out of our Lisbon office though we’re open to partially remote; we think it’s important for the team to be able to come together once or twice a week.
Product designers at Trouva are fascinated by the entire design process - from research to user interface design. Whilst each person tends to have more in-depth expertise in some areas than others, what we all share is a desire to become excellent all-round designers. Most of your time will be spent working with the product manager and software engineers in your cross-functional squad.
A typical week might look like:
- Work with PMs to articulate the most pressing outcomes we need to deliver
- Plan generative or evaluative research, help moderate the sessions and analyse the results
- Facilitate an ideation workshop to harness the whole team’s creativity. Then bring it all together into a coherent solution that can be prototyped and evaluated quickly
- Create beautiful UI utilising our existing web design system where appropriate
- Take part in our regular design team critique sessions where we support each other to our best work
- Present your work to stakeholders in the wider company
- Communicate your designs to devs and then work with them to design practical solutions to implement
Before we tell you about what we’re looking for, this is a senior position so we do expect you to have good experience doing much of what follows. However, just to be clear, we don’t expect you to tick all of these boxes. If you’re a talented designer who can knock this job out the park, then show us your portfolio! We’re especially keen to hear from people with diverse backgrounds.
- You’ll be obsessed with typography, imagery, layout, and colour and how they can be used to tell a compelling story to our users
- You can eloquently and persuasively articulate why you designed something the way you did and are equally comfortable explaining that rationale to senior management as you are to other designers and engineers
- You’re intelligent, passionate about design, and endlessly curious. Your craving to learn new things is only outweighed by your urge to share your knowledge with others. You’re naturally observant and that awareness means you’re forever spotting ways to improve the world around you
- You see yourself as a maker. You move quickly and are creative of course but you also have a healthy dose of pragmatism that compels you towards getting things shipped and in front of users.
- You work well with engineers and can understand the limitations of digital products, whilst still pushing at those boundaries
- Being a great designer at Trouva is about driving people towards your vision of a better shopping experience. Your optimism will help you realize that vision
- You are keen to connect with our users (both shoppers and boutique owners) to understand the motivations behind their behaviours and so create experiences that move beyond mere problem solving and engage them on an emotional level
- You’re friendly, humble and approachable but also have the courage and principles to back your designs whilst taking onboard contrary evidence. In short, you have strong opinions, weakly held
- This role reports into the VP Design. The design team works across product, brand and marketing to create coherent, delightful experiences
- Skills in motion design would be a lovely bonus too
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays, plus a 'recoup and revive' day to use every 6 months
- Quarterly Wellness perks
- Competitive family and compassionate leave policies
- Flexible remote working policy
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide you with everything you need to get the job done
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk.