About the company
Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 40 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai, Singapore, Romania and North America. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Winnow’s clients on average reduce waste by over 50% by value and sustain savings. Winnow has now worked with hundreds of sites to reduce food waste, including hotels, universities and schools, staff restaurants, event/hospitality kitchens, buffets, pubs, and high street restaurants. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste value is reduced by 40% - 70% with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality or value of the offer to their customers. This represents a typical improvement of food cost savings of 3% to 8%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for operations.
As the global leader in addressing food waste, we are committed to continue pushing the envelope on what technology can do to solve this problem. Winnow Vision, our new artificial intelligence-based technology, is trained to automatically track all food waste thrown away. It has won awards at the World Economic Forum and has been received tremendous enthusiasm from our clients and the industry. You can read more about it on our website and this article in Forbes.
We are passionate about living our values and place them at the centre of everything we do. We are excited about like minded talent who share these values, joining us in our mission:
Equal parts head and heart. We’re both passionate and measured. We carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term.
Bravely honest. With each other, that means we’re a transparent organisation where healthy, respectful debate is encouraged. With our customers, we challenge them if we don’t think they’re achieving their goals, whether they be environmental or financial.
People of action. Done is better than perfect, and we learn by boldly doing then rapidly improving. We’re breaking new ground, so we know things might go wrong. But we judge ourselves and each other on our reaction and our resilience.
Bound by food. We’re a diverse bunch, but our belief in the value of food is the common thread in everything we do. With each other, we celebrate through our love and respect for food. With our customers, it means we work hard to develop creative tools to make it easy for chefs to value food.
Hungry and humble. Our product is revolutionary, our people are impressive, and we’re hungry for change. But, we’re just the catalyst for a bigger movement. We stay humble regardless of our success, and make chefs the heroes in this journey.
People and Planet Positive. We’re caretakers of the planet, helping to preserve and support it for now and the future. Our work already minimises the impact that the hospitality industry has on the planet, and we’re also committed to actively reducing our own footprint while doing so. We’re leaving the planet and its people better off than we found them.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up (ranked 78th fastest growing European start-up by the FT) and help us propel our growth at what is truly the most exciting and dynamic points in time in our business. You will work alongside a driven team who are motivated by building an exciting business and leaving the world a better place than we found it.
About the role
Reporting to the Global Head of Operations and working closely with the Global Operations team, the Business (Operations) Analyst will play a key role in producing data insights with the purpose of influencing how to better streamline and improve global operations processes within Winnow.
- Produce reports as requested by the Global Head of Operations
- Work with Global Head of Ops to define measurable KPIS and Objectives that align with the Company goals.
- Lead analysis on Operations efficiency
- Using a wide range of tools to monitor the installation status of Winnow’s systems
- Analysing and manipulating data in Excel, Gsheets and Winnow’s online BI platform
- Ensuring the backend and reports are correctly set-up in the Winnow database
- Leverage on KPIs and tools and challenges analysis to help define Ops priorities within the Product Roadmap
- Manage operational projects distributed among all members of the global team
Education and experience
- You will have significant experience in manipulating and analysing data
- You are likely to be degree educated
- You'll have advanced Microsoft Office skills
- You have excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data. You take your time to get things right first time
- You are able to manage own workload within the bounds of a process
- You work well when following a pre-defined process using available tools
- You are able to highlight any issues quickly and effectively for support
- You have the communication skills, confidence, and maturity to regularly discuss with stakeholders at all levels
- You are results driven and can demonstrate how you have delivered effective solutions in a timely manner
- You are comfortable taking ownership and accountability for your work whilst working effectively as part of a larger team
- You are able to stay focused when dealing with repetitive tasks and retain your motivation throughout to get the job completed
- You are transparent and act with integrity at all times
Our shared attributes
- You are both passionate and measured. You carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term
- You are transparent in approach and enjoy healthy, respectful debate. You work hard to build open and honest collaborative relationships
- You get things done and seek to continually improve. Your customers want you on their team
- You are passionate about the value of food and are committed to the fight against food waste
- You are humble in approach and quick to pitch in if you see someone struggling
- Competitive base salary
- Company stock options package
- Eligible for discretionary annual bonus
- Meal tickets - 30 Ron per working day
- 2 Wellness hours per month, plus 114 RON monthly wellness allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 helpline for your wellbeing
- Company part-funded health insurance
- 25 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays
- Our own office space with a great working environment, and a flexible approach to work (work-from-home policy and flexible hours)
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business