About Tech Nation
Tech Nation is the growth platform for tech companies and leaders. We fuel the growth of game-changing founders, leaders and scaling companies so they can positively transform societies and economies, by providing them with the coaching, content and community they need for their journey in designing the future.
We bring together a network of purposeful founders, leaders and philanthropists, progressive enterprises and policymakers, influential funds and institutions so we can collaborate in building the technological innovation that will improve the future for the UK and beyond.
We provide learning and content, insights and analysis, coaching and research. We’re laser focused on delivering powerful outcomes and impact, because collectively we want to create a world in which anyone with vision and drive can access the skills and support needed to scale and succeed as a game-changing leader. #WeAreTechNation. We fuel growth.
Our company values:
- Deliver impact that lasts
- Collaborate to innovate
- Inform to inspire
- Be all in
About the role
Our Scaleup Engagement Manager roles involve finding and supporting ambitious scaleups right across the UK. Our Scaleup Engagement Team is based across all UK 11 regions and nations and we’re looking for a superstar to join us in the North-East of England.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that all of the North East's scaleups know that Tech Nation has a full suite of products and services that can help drive growth, and for connecting them to support services that meet their needs. You’ll need to understand their issues; the growth trajectory of a rapidly scaling tech business; and be passionate about providing impactful support.
We’re a busy, driven team at Tech Nation and on any given day there are multiple teams working on existing and new offerings for our scaleup community. The right person for this job will thrive in cross-functional teams and love building relationships internally as much as they do externally.
A Day in the Life of the Scaleup Engagement Manager might look something like this:
- You’ll be meeting with various members of scaleup leadership teams a few times a day - both 1-2-1 and in group scenarios - you’ll be their go-to source of advice and support in your region
- You’ll support our North-East of England based scaleups as they navigate through our portfolio of products and services designed to fuel their growth
- You’ll use our CRM system, Hubspot, to manage your regional community contacts; capture insights from your meetings; and keep our network information up to date in real-time.
- You’ll work with our regional engagement partners - the superhero companies who allow us to reach more scaleups - to deliver on agreed partnerships and joint working projects
- You’ll contribute to our national peer communities by sharing relevant content and helping to organise insightful events
- You’ll develop a deep understanding of the needs and strengths of your regional ecosystem
- You’ll work closely with the colleagues in our Client Engagement and Customer Experience Teams to ensure all messaging is consistent and all opportunities to engage our scaleup community are maximised to their full potential.
As well as sharing our ambitions and values you will have:
- Excellent self-management
- A passion for supporting digital tech scaleups
- A soft-spot for working in cross functional teams to achieve shared goals
- A level of comfort living with the reality of scaleup life within Tech Nation as we rapidly grow our business
OUR INCLUSIVE WORKFORCE
Putting Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) at the core of everything we do is an intrinsic part of Tech Nation’s vision and values: Tech Nation is committed to contributing to a future in which anyone with vision and drive can access the skills and support needed to succeed as a game-changing leader.Naturally, we want to ensure it is a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to work every day. We would be happy to accommodate any requests to support inclusion and accessibility during the application or interview process, please just let us know.
Now that you’re done reading, apply!