A bit about Field:
To reach Net Zero, we need to solve big challenges - like how to store energy, solve grid intermittency, and heat our homes without fossil fuels. And, if we’re going to prevent climate catastrophe, we need to do this now. Field will fund, build and run the renewable infrastructure we need to tackle these challenges.
We’re starting with energy storage, with a portfolio of batteries in the UK. Storage is critical to the future success of renewable energy in the UK and beyond. It allows us to store renewable energy for when it's needed, creating a more reliable, flexible and green grid.
We need to massively accelerate the deployment of storage assets. At Field, we will show that batteries are a totally viable part of our energy infrastructure - now, not in some distant future. And, we have ambitious plans to become the defining new clean energy player in Europe over the next few years, gradually expanding beyond batteries into new asset types.
The Transaction Support Associate will be responsible for the coordination and end-to-end management of ensuring that fundraising activities are embedded into the day-to-day running of the business. This specifically involves being responsible to ensure the successful close of fundraising activities.
- Project manage the funding process from the initial go to market strategy to financial close:
- Create fundraising project plans and checklists; embedding key deadlines into processes and ensuring deliverables are completed on time
- Manage transaction execution
- Coordinate the valuation, commercial and financial due diligence
- Support manage relationships with various fundraising parties
- Lead on the implementation of the funding into company processes and operations post financial close. This includes
- Coordination of ongoing CPs for accession of additional sites into existing facilities
- Embedding required investor reporting into BAU
- Investor relations
- Support the team to ensure effective fundraising communication strategy
- Support manage regular reporting to Fields investor base
- Produce pitch decks / marketing materials for presentation to investor
- Help prepare Field for IPO preparation
- Project Manage and coordinate this process, establishing key workstream requires and adjoining timelines
A bit about you:
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about the energy storage industry
- Humble and hands-on team player, necessary in a small company environment
- Ability to work well with others at all levels, including senior management
- Ability to work to tight timescales and deadlines
- Ability to multitask, manage time effectively, and plan across multiple initiatives
- Great communicator
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills that bring out the best in Field’s business partners
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to enable execution of a project
Experience and skills we look for:
- 3+ years experience in the finance industry, preferably with energy / renewable energy experience within an IB (MO) or fund environment
- In-depth transaction management experience (m&a, debt, equity) and excellent project management skills
- Strong financial acumen including a strong understanding of P&L, BS and cashflow statements
- Understanding of legal documentation to facilitate the execution of deal closing
- Modelling and company valuation experience
- Energy/infrastructure industry experience is a plus (international developer deals, EPC deals etc…)
- Strong English language skills
Why join us?
- Genuine impact: You will actually be building and operating the renewable infrastructure we need to reach net zero. This is not a green CSR initiative, but a company that is taking a leading role in building one of the critical solutions to a generational problem.
- Make things happen: We are still an early stage start-up, and you will have significant accountability to make things happen from day 1. You will have a lot of autonomy, will learn quickly, and be given a LOT of room to grow.
- Define a new industry: The energy market is in a paradigm shift right now, evolving at a breathtaking pace, and you will play a leading role in defining how that market evolves and innovates over the next few years.
- Exceptional, diverse team: We are an eclectic team with varied backgrounds. We have experience scaling billion dollar tech start-ups, building energy companies, as well as deep specialisms in the energy markets. You will learn from and work with a bunch of fun, curious, and entrepreneurial people that really want to make an impact.
Diversity & inclusion:
Diverse teams make better teams. Field is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation.
- Competitive salary
- Company growth share scheme
- Flexible working to support work life balance
- Co-working office space in Second Home, Brick Lane
- 5% + 3% NEST Pension
- 25 days holiday + 9 days bank holidays
- Annual L&D budget
- Dog friendly office
- Work from anywhere in the world policy