⭐️ Purpose: Are you passionate about making education accessible to all?
🌱 Growth: Keen to work for a company with a fresh $50M Series B funding who is expanding globally?
💛 Belonging: Do you thrive in an environment where teams have high sense of belonging? 97% of our team believe they have caring and trusting teammates and 90% of us feel they belong at Perlego.
🌈 Diversity: Do you want to work as part of a truly diverse and inclusive team? We’re a team of 108 people who are made up of; 28 nationalities, 23 languages, 6 religious beliefs, 24% BAME, 35% female and 7% LGBTQ+!
🤩 Happy: Most importantly do you want to be happy with where you work? We’re proud that 92% of our team would recommend Perlego as a great place to work!
More about our product & mission
In this digital age, we believe that anyone should be able to learn anything at any time. Knowledge should be more accessible, not locked behind sky-high price tags.
Over the past 5 years, our goal has been to support students across the UK & Europe (and now 172 countries) to access quality books. The next stage of Perlego is two fold: 1) expand our support to students globally, and 2) build a product that goes beyond the book, a platform that helps students study smarter and more effectively.
Want to learn more about how we’re making learning accessible? Check out our latest impact report.
What we’re looking for
A smart, passionate individual with high attention to detail that’s excited by the prospect of be part of a team building a world-class people experience. This is an entry role for someone who has the right attitude and want to grow and develop. If you haven't got any experience yet, that's fine, we’ll help you grow and develop by providing on-the-job training and investing in your CIPD level 5.
What success looks like for this role in 12 months
- In 3 months you will be owning and managing all our existing people operations processes with consistency and quality including: on-boarding, off-boarding, payroll, relocation, visas, documentation and data integrity in our systems
- In 6 months you will be identifying opportunities to drive improvements across our people operations systems, helping collaborate with the people team to build a system that scales. You will have built strong relationships across the business and be the go-to person in the business for any people processes questions.
- In 12 months you will be a master of our people operations systems and you will actively be contributing to wider people team projects across all areas (learning and development, performance, reward, engagement, values and more!)
What you’ll do:
- Manage and maintain our systems: to ensure data integrity across all our tools, from key documentation in Notion through to employee information across Workable (ATS), Personio (HRIS) and Leapsome (Performance Mgmt.)
- Lead and manage on our remote & international employees: we’re open to hiring people globally, from which some we sponsor to relocate to the UK and others we work with as full-time remote employees. You will work with our legal counsel to manage these contracts and visas
- Partner with finance on payroll: work closely with our finance team on executing our monthly payroll
- Become an employment law guru: partnering with our legal counsel, you will become the go-to person for any question on employment law and you will help us maintain compliance
- Support on employee relations: support the People Lead & People Partner with any operational work around any employee relations matters.
- Continue to iterate and manage our onboarding process: we’re proud of our 4.8/5 score from our team on our current onboarding process - however as we continue to scale, getting higher volume of people and more complexity within the business we will need to continue to iterate this process to ensure a smooth, informative and fun onboarding experience for every new Perlego member.
- Contribute & support on wider people initiatives: working with the People Lead and People Partner on our wider people roadmap. Our strategic priorities for 2022 focus on building high-performing teams.
- Be a culture and values champion: partner with the business to evolve and grow our values and behaviours, identify opportunities and lead on implementing more ways to embed these into our ways of working
It’s the perfect role for you if you are:
- Interested in how to build a high-performing team in a fast-growth environment: you are curious and interested in what it takes to build a high-performing culture and environment in a fast-growth environment
- Known as the organised one: you’re exceptionally organised and have an eye for detail, you can juggle many things at once and don’t drop the ball.
- Think with a systems mindset: you understand how to design and optimise systems.
- Comfortable and interested in data: you understand the importance of data in decision making, you are comfortable with using spreadsheets and are interested in how to analyse datasets.
- Strong communicator & stakeholder manager: you are a confident communicator, you enjoy relationship building and collaborating with others
- Curious and an avid learner: you get excited about learning new things and actively seek out learning, you take on challenges head-on and learn from them as you go.
- Adaptable and resilient: you enjoy moving fast, taking on new challenges and working in environments and projects that are not always well defined
- Comfortable with working in ambiguity and thrive in turning chaos to clarity: you are comfortable in making sense of chaos and are adaptable
⭐️ It’s a plus if you have:
- Some work experience as an HR administrator/coordinator or in a relevant HR or operational role [we’re equally excited to talk to anyone without experience with a passion and desire to break into the world of People]
- Experience in another high-growth tech environment
- Have a general interest in books, reading and always learning new things!
Why should you work at Perlego?
Apart from our mission, we foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. We’re proud of our 4.8 Glassdoor reviews and the fact that 97% of our team would recommend Perlego as a place to work.
Salary offered: £28,000 - £32,000 plus equity
🌈 Benefits include:
We offer flexibility in where you work - we are a London-based company, but also hire remotely across the UK and Europe. Our London employees work from our Chancery Lane office 2 days a week.
We are flexible if you wish to work remotely overseas for short periods of time, as long as you remain a UK tax resident 🗺
🧠 L&D Budget
We value continuous learning, for this role we're offering an investment in your CIPD level 5.
🌱 Unlimited Coaching Opportunities
Unlimited access to MoreHappi, an on-demand professional coaching platform to offer all employees access to unbiased and professional coaching opportunities.
🤓 Learning Time
All employees have dedicated Learning Time every second Friday afternoon, to focus on new skills, projects or interests that lay outside of their day-to-day job
🌴 Work-Life Balance
Everyone needs a break, so enjoy 30 days off (incl. bank holidays) + 1 additional day of annual leave for every year of service
🛐 Flexi Bank Holidays
We understand that not everyone aligns to the same calendar; we offer the flexibility to take your local country's bank holiday allowance for other religious or cultural days.
e.g. switch UK Easter Bank Holidays Days for Eid celebrations
❄️ Office Reset
All employees can also enjoy the days between Boxing Day and New Year off, to reset and refresh for the new year - this is additional to your annual leave 🙂
After three years there is an opportunity to take a 1-month unpaid sabbatical, and after five years there is an opportunity to take a 1-month paid sabbatical
💛 Personal Days
Life happens and we want you to be able to use your annual leave for resting, relaxing or taking time out to do something you love!
We offer 1 additional day a year for life events (your wedding, relocation, moving house, or a child starting school).
🍏 Health & Wellbeing
We want everyone to feel healthy and happy, so you get the choice of a wellbeing subsidy or private medical insurance via Vitality.
💭 Mental Health
All employees also get access to a free counselling support service via Spill
💸 Financial Wellbeing
Track your financial goals and receive financial advice all via Mintago
🚲 Cycle to Work Scheme
We're committed to building a sustainable business, so we encourage cycling to work. Perlego will buy your bike of choice, which you'll pay back over 12 months.
We're a tight-knit bunch who enjoy our time to play. We have regular social events and activities for everyone - everything from white water rafting to board game nights.
🍼 Family time
We believe family is really important; we offer new parents a competitive matched parental leave as well as a phased return to work from extended leave