We started out 8 years ago wanting to bring a little bit of creative agency craft to the world of multilingual copywriting and transcreation. Since then, we’ve worked with brands big and small to help them take their campaigns into new markets.
And as we grow we’re looking for a Senior Account Manager to join the team of people making that happen.
As Senior Account Manager you’ll have a central role in the agency – right hand to the Senior Account Director, you’ll have the confidence and commercial experience to offer sound strategic and operational support upwards – and you’ll play a key role in guiding the project work of more junior team members as they develop and gain experience across all facets of the account handling role.
As a small, tight-knit team with a relatively flat structure, there’s an opportunity to make your mark in really shaping the culture of the agency, as well as getting stuck into new business and creative/marketing initiatives.
What you’ll be doing
- Overseeing transcreation and copywriting projects from start to finish as the key point of client contact, ensuring work is delivered on-time and to budget.
- Casting the right teams for the brief, dissecting what makes the original copy tick, then briefing and directing our copywriting teams to rebuild it in their mother tongue.
- Reviewing and interrogating the work, sensitively managing the feedback process and challenging our copywriters to make sure it’s an excellent recreation of the creative idea behind the original English copy… and getting it looking on-point for delivery.
- Supporting the senior account team in the strategy and setup of larger, more complex projects and providing support to more junior team members in delivering great work.
- Building brilliant client relationships, gaining their trust in your ability to deliver quality work on time and to budget.
- Handling new client enquiries and creating project proposals and estimates that do justice to our craft-focussed approach and accurately forecast the associated resource and costs.
- Building relationships with our wide and diverse network of freelance writers from all over the world, managing them as an external part of our team and helping keep our talent recruitment process in flow.
- Supporting new business and marketing activity- pre Covid, we staged an exhibition to bring to life how the world sees words differently and it was a real agency-wide effort.
What you’ll have
- Near fluency in another language (any language) is a must as is a real passion for words/communication
- Client services experience, ideally 2-3 years experience in a client-facing role
- A strong eye for detail and exceptional project management skills, you’ll be well-versed in the juggle!
- Experience in dealing with creative copywriters/translators
- Strong, incisive creative evaluation skills and the ability to articulate feedback well
- A lean-in approach to tech and new tools, plus a willingness to learn
- Excitement about working in a small, entrepreneurial environment and a strong commercial acumen
- Ambition for yourself and the company – a real self-starter
What you’ll get
- Remuneration: tbc according to experience
- Flexible hours – we’re not so keen on big agency fishtanks and the long hour agency culture that comes with them. The work always comes first, but we're agile and flexible about how we get things done.
- A blend of the best bits of a London office culture, & working remotely – our office in a Hackney mews is always open and we meet there regularly, but we’re also fans of the change of perspective that globetrotting brings. We’re an agency with a focus on global cultures, after all.
- Off-sites abroad - recently we’ve worked from Amsterdam, Marseille and the Alps and have Barcelona in our sights next.