ThirdWay Partners (“ThirdWay”) is an impact investment and advisory boutique operating globally with a strong presence across the African continent. ThirdWay’s vision is to bring together private and development capital to create inclusive and sustainable development.
This position sits with The African Conservation & Communities Tourism Fund (the “ACCT Fund”), which is a part of ThirdWay’s asset management arm. The ACCT Fund is an initiative of The Nature Conservancy (“TNC”) and ThirdWay, which aims to preserve livelihoods, protect conservation areas and increase biodiversity and climate resilience through the support of key safari tourism operators in sub-Saharan Africa. The ACCT Fund’s core focus geographies include Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Namibia, Botswana and South Africa.
The main objective of this role is to enhance the Fund’s positive impact through the development of natural capital monetisation opportunities, with the aim to increases the overall economic and environmental resilience of the Fund’s investee companies and/or the surrounding natural landscapes and the wildlife and communities who depend on these ecosystems.
- Exploring, developing and project managing opportunities to generate additional revenue streams for the Fund’s investee companies and / or helping them access additional sources of capital;
- Exploring, developing and project managing the development of additional revenue streams (e.g. controlled grazing, regenerative agriculture, forestry, carbon credits, biodiversity credits etc.) or pools for capital for critical natural landscapes and their stakeholders (e.g. local communities, area management authorities, government and NGOs);
- Developing strategies, tools and fundraising materials to help scale the most successful strategies across the continent and / or grow ThirdWay’s asset management business.
- Passionate about conservation, nature, wildlife and community development with an understanding of broader conservation issues in an African context;
- 3 to 7 years of professional experience in a multi-stakeholder project management environment (e.g., investment banking, strategy consulting, start-ups);
- Entrepreneurial and creative but results driven – excited about the opportunity to build businesses;
- Persuasive communicator (verbal & written) with ability to build stakeholder buy-in.