We’re here because we believe in small businesses. We believe they deserve better than waiting weeks for a loan. And we believe it’s our job to help them grow.
We started in 2012 with these principles, and we hold true to them today – now that we’re one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. In the time between, we’ve built the best tech platform in lending, won several awards and opened up £3.5 billion in loans to over 70,000 businesses.
So what’s next? Our mission now is to help one million businesses who need us. To do this, we’ll need new products and partnerships. But most of all, we’ll need smart, hands-on people to join us on the journey and get us to our goal.
We are now looking for a Strategy Analyst to join our German Customer Acquisition team, based either in London or Frankfurt. Knowledge of the German language would be beneficial, but isn’t a requirement for this role.
Here are some of the things you’ll do:
- Identify opportunities to create value and work on strategic initiatives to grow our partnership network
- Build business cases and work with internal stakeholders to ensure the prioritisation and delivery of products, services and process improvements
- Own subtasks within initiatives, align with external stakeholder and provide critical support - from creating the first presentation, preparing the proposal to overseeing the implementation
- Learn to leverage our analysis tools in order to generate valuable insights into our customer acquisition channels
- Own special projects focused on providing data-backed advice on how to improve channel performance and value generation for our German business
- Provide analytical support to different stakeholders in the German Customer Acquisition team; pull data, build models and test assumptions
- For all of this, you will collaborate with a network of fellow iwocans across our London and Frankfurt-based offices
Who we’re looking for:
In brief - you have recently graduated or already gained some first professional experience (1-2 years). You have a strong analytical mind, are enthusiastic about problem solving and eager to learn many new skills on the job.
Some things we expect from you:
- Structured and strategic thinking - Able to disentangle bigger problems into small ones and solve them one by one
- Analytical mind - Have no problem working with data to create useful reports and analyses
- Creative - You can think in different dimensions and empathise with the problems of various teams and partners
- Smart - Perceptive and proactive, you give due attention to detail, you start by asking ‘why?’
- Humble - You are a team player who is willing to help and collaborate with others, you’re willing to accept criticism and are open to being wrong
- Motivated and eager to learn - Enthusiastic and ready to take on new challenges; keen to learn the basics of Data Science tools like python pandas and SQL
- Growth mindset - You seek continuous improvement, always pushing yourself to be even better than you are today
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- You are a fluent English speaker, some knowledge of German is beneficial but not required
We work hard to make iwoca a place where everyone feels welcome - we want everyone to confidently be themselves. For us, diversity isn't an optional add-on. It's the thing that makes us great.
We put a lot of effort into making iwoca a brilliant place to work:
- swanky offices in London, Leeds and Frankfurt
- events and clubs, like bingo, comedy nights, yoga classes, football…
- two company retreats a year (like in the French Alps)
- plenty of drinks and snacks in our offices.
Our benefits package is second-to-none:
- medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- 25 days’ holiday and an extra day off for your birthday
- instant access to emotional and mental health support with our partner, Spill
- share options
- generous maternity leave and shared paternity leave
- a nursery tax benefit scheme to help you save money
- paid volunteering time to support your chosen charity
- extra leave if you want to travel or study
- sabbaticals for staying with us
- cycle-to-work scheme.
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- an L&D budget for everyone, including a book budget
- company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- a calendar of meetups we host at our office
- access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.