We’re here because we believe in small businesses. We believe they deserve better than waiting weeks for a loan. And we believe it’s our job to help them grow.
We started in 2012 with these principles, and we hold true to them today – now that we’re one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. In the time between, we’ve built the best tech platform in lending, won several awards and opened up £3.5 billion in loans to over 70,000 businesses.
So what’s next? Our mission now is to help one million businesses who need us. To do this, we’ll need new products and partnerships. But most of all, we’ll need smart, hands-on people to join us on the journey and get us to our goal.
Referrals from third parties and our direct sales team (“3PS”) now account for a majority of iwoca’s new customer acquisition. Due to the continued growth and success of our 3PS channels, the business is looking for a senior individual to take ownership of our strategy for 3PS. Our new Head of 3PS Strategy & Planning will be tasked with identifying, sizing & launching new opportunities to grow our revenues from 3PS.
The Head of 3PS Strategy & Planning will report to our Commercial Growth Director , and will need to be comfortable with and capable of influencing senior stakeholders, such as the company founders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying (with input from sales channel owners) new revenue opportunities and then building business cases, including financial modelling, to aid go/no-go decisions
- Ensuring the prioritisation & delivery of product, service, and process improvements for 3PS through relevant teams’ roadmaps
- Leading development of channel action plans and OKRs
- Facilitating quarterly target setting process
- Leading forecasting exercises to inform capacity planning for other team’s in the UK as well as informing the group strategy & finance teams forecasts
- Tracking market and competitor developments (with input from channel teams), including analysing market intel data & delivering competitor review briefings to the business – being the go to expert on other players in our current and future markets
- Coaching and developing the team: supporting the team in developing their capability to think strategically and develop strategic plans
- Representing iwoca: networking and presenting at industry events and conferences
Required experience and attributes:
The Head of 3PS Strategy & Planning will be an experienced strategy consultant or proven problem solver, with strong commercial acumen and the ability to build credibility at the executive level.
They will be entrepreneurial, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, where they can combine their strong commercial instinct, with an eye for detail and a sense of urgency.
The successful candidate will be tenacious, a self-starter who can make things happen when faced with ambiguity, and will possess a can-do attitude. This will be combined with exceptional communication skills and the ability to articulate information clearly and simply. They will have:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; able to process large amounts of data to drive business strategies and decisions
- The ability to develop high quality analysis and insight, and then use excellent communication and project management to guide the 3PS teams through successful implementation of the strategy
- A strong grounding in frameworks and tools for shaping strategy from working at a top-tier management consulting firm or in-house in a strategy team (at least 5 years experience)
- Experience of working cross-functionally with tech, product, operations and finance departments in a collaborative environment
We put a lot of effort into making iwoca a brilliant place to work:
- Offices in London, Leeds and Frankurt
- Events and clubs, like bingo, comedy nights, yoga classes, football…
- Two company retreats a year, we’ve been to France, Italy, Spain and further afield
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our offices.
Our benefits package is second-to-none:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- 25 days’ holiday and an extra day off for your birthday
- Instant access to emotional and mental health support with our partner, Spill
- Share options
- Generous maternity leave and shared parental (?) leave
- A nursery tax benefit scheme to help you save money
- Paid volunteering time to support your chosen charity
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- One-month fully paid sabbaticals after 4 years
- Cycle-to-work scheme and electric car scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- An L&D budget for everyone, including a book budget
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.