We’re here because we believe in small businesses. We believe they deserve better than waiting weeks for a loan. And we believe it’s our job to help them grow.
We started in 2012 with these principles, and we hold true to them today – now that we’re one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. In the time between, we’ve built the best tech platform in lending, won several awards and opened up £3.5 billion in loans to over 70,000 businesses.
So what’s next? Our mission now is to help one million businesses who need us. To do this, we’ll need new products and partnerships. But most of all, we’ll need smart, hands-on people to join us on the journey and get us to our goal.
We work with a lot of multipliers across Germany - commercial brokers, consultants, financial advisors and other Fintechs - to offer finance to their clients, and this channel generates a substantial proportion of iwoca’s total revenue.
As an Account Manager for the Broker Channel you’ll be the first point of call for our brokers and will give them exceptional customer service in managing loan applications for their clients. Working closely with other teams, you will supervise and manage these applications from start to completion and provide our brokers with an in-depth understanding of iwoca’s product benefits, customer eligibility and use cases.
In addition to managing loan applications you will have the opportunity to help shape and develop the future of this valuable channel. Running projects alongside your day-to-day business gives you the possibility to explore your interests and develop your abilities.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- You will engage with broker in inbound as well as outbound calls and represent the company in a highly professional manner at all times
- You will have to understand credit applications and be able to give ad-hoc guidance on credit worthiness
- You will gather all relevant documents so applications can move forward to credit assessment
- You will know everything about our products and its advantages so you are confident to onboard new brokers
- You will provide timely updates for ongoing cases, answering questions related to specific applications or product queries
- You will complete ad-hoc analysis and tasks for our Broker Channel Managers
- You will have to go above and beyond to hit and exceed your KPIs to enable us to exceed growth targets
- You will manage the day-to-day working relationship with all brokers
- You will be responsible for building up relationships with brokers as well as maintaining the relationship with various marketing initiatives
- You will represent iwoca with a high level of knowledge about the company and our value proposition
What we’re looking for:
- You are a fluent German speaker with a good level of written and spoken English
- You have a strong level of self organisation, diligence and prioritization skills
- You have the ability to build and maintain long lasting business relationships
- You are motivated and results-oriented and get excited from achieving and smashing targets
- You thrive on having an impact on our business and processes, and proactively bring in innovative ideas
- You are excited about working in and re-shaping the finance industry
- You shine in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- You appreciate feedback and regularly look for ways to outdo yourself and your performance
- You work well across different teams
- You are a great communicator on the phone and remain friendly in stressful situations
Don’t take this list as prescriptive: it’s just to give you a sense of who might do well at the job. We’d still love to hear from you if you don’t hit every point on the list, or if you have other experience.
We work hard to make iwoca a place where everyone feels welcome - we want everyone to confidently be themselves. For us, diversity isn't an optional add-on. It's the thing that makes us great.
We put a lot of effort into making iwoca a brilliant place to work:
- Offices in London, Leeds and Frankurt
- Events and clubs, like bingo, comedy nights, yoga classes, football…
- Two company retreats a year, we’ve been to France, Italy, Spain and further afield
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our offices.
Our benefits package is second-to-none:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- 25 days’ holiday and an extra day off for your birthday
- Instant access to emotional and mental health support with our partner, Spill
- Share options
- Generous maternity leave and shared parental (?) leave
- A nursery tax benefit scheme to help you save money
- Paid volunteering time to support your chosen charity
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- One-month fully paid sabbaticals after 4 years
- Cycle-to-work scheme and electric car scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- An L&D budget for everyone, including a book budget
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.