Hubble is the future of work, pushing every day to improve the working lives of people all over the world.
By equipping businesses with the tools they need to satisfy the growing demand for flexibility, we deliver workplace experiences that work for all, whether it’s a full-time office by the month or access to on-demand workspaces in close to 1,000 locations worldwide.
Join us as we make hybrid working easy and accessible to all.
What we're looking for
We're looking for Senior Software Engineers, to help our team grow and scale our product. We have big plans, and we'd love for you to be a part of them.
Our stack is React on Next.js, backed by Django and Postgres. We don’t expect you to come in with a complete knowledge of everything in our stack; rather, we're looking for candidates who are familiar with the concepts of modern web development.
This role reports into Simon, our Head of Engineering. Our team prides itself on a healthy work-life balance. We try to keep our work fun and engaging, but we end our days on time and keep weekends to ourselves. We deeply value career growth, and offer dedicated in-work time for education, as well as regular hack days. You won't need to put in extra hours just to advance your career.
As we're a small team with big plans, this role comes with ample opportunities to grow along with us. There will be plenty of chances to advance into leadership positions, on either the individual contributor or management path. We'll be right there with you to keep your career moving ahead.
You’ll have an impact quickly, too: most engineers ship a change by the end of their first day. Our process is lightweight, and focused on moving quickly, while maintaining a high standard of quality. Working with our diverse team of full-stack engineers, you'll be given lots of opportunities to guide our architecture and shape our culture.
These requirements are only a guide. Experience comes in all shapes and sizes, and you don't need to meet or exceed everything on this list in order to do this job well. We think of these more as career goals than job prerequisites; that is, if your application is successful, then with a bit of time on the job, you'll easily meet each of these requirements. What we value most is a learning mindset, a genuine curiosity, and a desire for growth. So, if you think you're capable, please apply anyway.
For the purposes of this section:
familiar means you know of, generally understand, and are interested in a topic;
experience means you are familiar with, and have successfully used, a given topic in a commercial environment;
in-depth experience means you have experience, and would describe yourself as an expert, in a given topic.
- 4+ years commercial experience building software
- Be comfortable contributing to the product process, by offering ideas, critiquing requirements, and feeding back as necessary. Work as a part of a team, pairing with other engineers and knowing when to ask for or offer help. Offer leadership and mentorship to other engineers.
- In-depth experience doing automated testing (unit, integration, e2e), knowing what to test, and effective practices for how to test it.
- Experience creating semantically-correct HTML and well-scoped CSS
- Experience with React, or in-depth experience using a comparable component-oriented library like Vue or Angular
- Experience with Django and Python, or in-depth experience using a comparable backend framework with an ORM,
- Experience with full-stack development, able to switch between backend and frontend contexts as required.
- Experienced or familiar with developer tooling. Examples include Docker, *nix, Webpack/Babel, pip/pipenv, npm/yarn, linting tools (eslint, flake8), formatting tools (prettier, black), and Visual Studio Code
Hubble prides itself as a high-quality employer, with a consistent 5-star Glassdoor rating and a team NPS score of 80+. We won Property Week’s Best Places to Work, twice in a row, across 4 categories.
We make sure everyone in the team is comfortable and has the best environment for them. We offer flexible hours, remote working and have a relaxed attitude to taking holiday; our focus is on outcomes, not output. Benefits can be tweaked on an individual basis depending on what makes you most productive.
We practice what we preach: Hubble works hybrid. You can work from our main office for face-to-face collaboration and interaction with your colleagues. You can also work from anywhere, whether that's your own home or one of the many spaces available in London, across the UK, and around the world on Hubble Pass.
In addition to all that, we offer:
- Private medical insurance through Vitality
- Access to therapy services through Spill
- Quarterly away days and regular social events
- Equipment to make your home office a comfortable and healthy working environment, including a MacBook and peripherals
- Monthly allowance for music and video services (such as Spotify, Netflix, or Apple Music)
- Kindle Unlimited, plus access to educational materials to keep your skills sharp
- All the basics you'd expect: competitive salary, equity options, and pension contributions