We’re here because we believe in small businesses. We believe they deserve better than waiting weeks for a loan. And we believe it’s our job to help them grow.
We started in 2012 with these principles, and we hold true to them today – now that we’re one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. In the time between, we’ve built the best tech platform in lending, won several awards and opened up £3.5 billion in loans to over 70,000 businesses.
So what’s next? Our mission now is to help one million businesses who need us. To do this, we’ll need new products and partnerships. But most of all, we’ll need smart, hands-on people to join us on the journey and get us to our goal.
We are currently hiring for an Analyst to join our Capital Markets Team based in London.
You will be:
- Collaborating with your manager and the rest of the Capital Markets team in the origination, structuring, and execution of financing transactions (securitisation, covered bond, unsecured debt);
- Supporting your manager on the relationship with major external and internal stakeholders;
- Handling data requests from investors and liaising with internal stakeholders to deliver them;
- Preparation and presentation of marketing and due diligence materials, including coordination with other internal teams such as Fintech, credit risk (League of Lending), Lending Proposition and Sales;
- Cash-flow modelling activities with a key focus on using Excel as well as ad hoc analyses preparation and review of reports for investors and regulators;
- As a member of the Capital Markets Team, you will also work closely with other teams (Transaction Management, Fintech, credit risk, legal) on the implementation of new transactions or on occasional amendments of existing financing facilities
You will have:
- Previous experience in investment banking, direct lending or at a rating agency
- Demonstrable interest in finance and some understanding of securitisation
- Good analytical skills, high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong team player skills - we are a small, high performing team and are looking for the right fit to supplement our diverse workforce
- A growth mindset and be able to improve and develop our processes as we grow
- Strong organisational skills
- Be able to think on your feet and take ownership of your work
- Be an effective communicator, able to explain concepts to people who have a diverse background
- Be able to learn quickly and embrace change - we are an innovative, fast growing company and always come up with new ideas
Don’t take this list as prescriptive: it’s just to give you a sense of who might do well at the job. We’d still love to hear from you if you don’t hit every point on the list, or if you have other experience.
We work hard to make iwoca a place where everyone feels welcome, where you can confidently be yourself. We understand that diversity isn't an optional add-on, it's the core ingredient of what makes us great.
We put a lot of effort into making iwoca a brilliant place to work:
- Offices in London, Leeds and Frankurt
- Events and clubs, like bingo, comedy nights, yoga classes, football…
- Two company retreats a year, we’ve been to France, Italy, Spain and further afield
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our offices.
Our benefits package is second-to-none:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- 25 days’ holiday and an extra day off for your birthday
- Instant access to emotional and mental health support with our partner, Spill
- Share options
- Generous maternity leave and shared parental (?) leave
- A nursery tax benefit scheme to help you save money
- Paid volunteering time to support your chosen charity
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- One-month fully paid sabbaticals after 4 years
- Cycle-to-work scheme and electric car scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- An L&D budget for everyone, including a book budget
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.