We’re here because we believe in small businesses. We believe they deserve better than waiting weeks for a loan. And we believe it’s our job to help them grow.
We started in 2012 with these principles, and we hold true to them today – now that we’re one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. In the time between, we’ve built the best tech platform in lending, won several awards and opened up £3.5 billion in loans to over 70,000 businesses.
So what’s next? Our mission now is to help one million businesses who need us. To do this, we’ll need new products and partnerships. But most of all, we’ll need smart, hands-on people to join us on the journey and get us to our goal.
As a finance team, our job is to support and enable the wider business, making sure they have the right information, financial resources, and advice to succeed. Alongside the business, we have governments, regulators, investors, and tax authorities all with their own requirements.
Your mission: We want you to come, take over what we have and then make it better. Our aspirations are as follows:
- Useful, available, and timely financial results by business unit.
- Information that is preemptive to business change, with the foresight to see what is/isn’t important.
- iwoca’s proprietary models and KPIs integrated into financial reporting
- Delivery of the audit in time for the deadlines set in our financing agreements.
- Value add statutory financials
- Processes that are up to date, relevant and work. Know where we are wasting time and where we should be spending it.
- Audit ready information so the process is as off the shelf as possible. (We get audited a lot).
- Management of third parties such as corporate service providers to our fund structure in Luxembourg.
- Provision of data/analysis that is useful to business managers.
- A watchful eye over our finances, flagged where there is risk or waste.
- Optimised tax structure, with all returns/payments up to date.
As with any aspiration, we are not there yet. You will be telling us how to get there and making it happen.
- Inclinations towards data and intellectual matters
- Desire to improve the status quo
- Appetite for the nitty gritty and getting your hands dirty
- Broad experience ideally including analytical or advisory roles
- Good degree, education, accounting qualification etc
- Intellectual ability to translate concepts and outputs for different audiences
- Experience of what a multijurisdiction lender needs. This is obviously pretty broad so we don’t expect applicants to have everything but to give you a taste here is a list. These are “preferred but not required”:
- Consolidation and FX
- Corporate service providers
- People management
- Big 4 background
- Experience in listed or IFRS environments (we may transition one day)
- Financial services
- Amortised cost
Don’t take this list as prescriptive: it’s just to give you a sense of who might do well at the job. We’d still love to hear from you if you don’t hit every point on the list, or if you have other experience.
We put a lot of effort into making iwoca a brilliant place to work:
- Offices in London, Leeds and Frankurt
- Events and clubs, like bingo, comedy nights, yoga classes, football…
- Two company retreats a year, we’ve been to France, Italy, Spain and further afield
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our offices.
Our benefits package is second-to-none:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- 25 days’ holiday and an extra day off for your birthday
- Instant access to emotional and mental health support with our partner, Spill
- Share options
- Generous maternity leave and shared parental (?) leave
- A nursery tax benefit scheme to help you save money
- Paid volunteering time to support your chosen charity
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- One-month fully paid sabbaticals after 4 years
- Cycle-to-work scheme and electric car scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- An L&D budget for everyone, including a book budget
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.