Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, we're excited about the next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world. We’re a fast-growing team with over 180 Unminders across London, Sydney and New York and would love for you to join us as our new Research Lead.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
One of our values is “Unite Behind Uniqueness” based on the belief that humans are endlessly unique and their opportunities are equally important. In order to fulfil our mission, we want our team to represent the diversity of our users which is why we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where we encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We want to foster a culture where everybody feels included, heard, and equal – regardless of age, disability, gender, neurodiversity, marital or parental status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
If there are any adjustments we can make that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Role – Research Lead
At Unmind, we have big ambitions to transform mental health in the workplace, and the Science team play a fundamental role in helping us do that. The core remit of Science is to ensure that our offering is effective, ethical and engaging - and we’re committed to rigorous evaluation.
As Research Lead, you’ll be joining a small, passionate team of psychologists and researchers, who are all dedicated to keeping science at the heart of Unmind. You’ll lead on studies, ensuring we’re taking a rigorous approach to answering the most pertinent research questions. You’ll partner with our academic collaborators, and build strong relationships with teams across the business, from Content and Product to Sales and Marketing.
In this role you’ll get to:
LEAD: Take the lead on designing and executing studies to evaluate various aspects of the Unmind offering, initially focusing on evaluating our digital manager mental health training programme. You’ll lead on analysis and publish well-written academic papers and case studies.
DEMONSTRATE: Help quantify the financial benefits of using Unmind, and bring this to life for our commercial teams, equipping them to have conversations with prospects and clients. As an in-house expert in this domain, you’ll also join commercial calls now and again.
BUILD: Continue to develop our research roadmap, expanding our portfolio of studies to complement our existing RCTs, and flexing in the face of a changing product and commercial landscape.
COLLABORATE: Join forces with our external academic partners, internal stakeholders (e.g. Product Development and Commercial teams) to identify pertinent research questions, plan studies and feedback results.
INSPIRE: Act as one of our credible, trusted scientific voices, discussing research in conversations with internal stakeholders, prospects and clients.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for this position:
- PhD in health related field, with minimum 2 years post-PhD experience in industry or post doc.
- Knowledgable in metrics of commercial interest (e.g. ROI, absenteeism and presenteeism).
- Experience in leading RCTs, with first-author publications in respectable journals.
- Skilled in data analysis, with proficiency in R.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases, or willingness to learn.
- Adept at cross-team collaboration and comfortable collaborating with a range of stakeholders.
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Dog-friendly workplace