About Gravity Sketch
Our team is on a mission to revolutionise the way we bring ideas to life and fundamentally change the way 3D design is done today. We help design teams to create and communicate 3D ideas in the quickest and most intuitive way possible. We've developed the first end-to-end 3D design platform that allows teams to carry out work from the early phases of the design process all the way through to hand-off for productionisation. The tools we have developed are changing the way companies across automotive, industrial design, and entertainment industries carry out their day-to-day work. The platform is helping teams deliver more creative outputs, foster better collaboration, and compress products' time to market resulting in a much more sustainable product development process. The platform offers VR, tablet, and web-based applications allowing users to bring the tools seamlessly into their workflow. Cross-discipline teams at companies such as Ford Motor Company and Adidas depend on the platform to collaborate and deliver world-class products both physical and digital. Being highly skilled in the use of Gravity Sketch is important for new hires in industry leaders such as Adidas/Yeezy, sitting alongside tools like Adobe’s Photoshop.
- Just closed an $33m Series A round led by Accel and GV, with some exciting angels joining such as Tony Fadell (inventor of the iPod and iPhone), Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Kevin Durant and Rich Kleiman (Thirty Five Ventures), Soleio (famed as the “Like button” designer) and Paul Robson (Adobe’s Head of International)
- We have 4x our revenue and 5x our user base in the last year
- ~1.5 million app downloads (most of which was in the last 18 months)
Our Team & Culture
We’re a lean but ambitious team of ~75 spread across the globe (UK, Europe & North America). We may be geographically spread out, but we’re tied by our mission to radically change how teams communicate ideas spatially and expressively from anywhere.
Impact, ownership and being part of our team on a mission are at the heart of our culture. We encourage everyone to experiment, bring new ideas to the table, and challenge one another in order to arrive at the best solutions for our users. Trustis another fundamental, which is echoed through autonomy of our work. We rely on each other to be resourceful, make decisions quickly, give honest feedback, ask for help, or do whatever needs to be done in order to make a positive impact on the team, users, or business.
We are all learning as we build this business and find that with each new addition to the team our ambition grows. We look for teammates that wish to grow with us on the journey; we value individuals with a curiosity to learn and eagerness to take initiative, following through on the work we initiate. Innovation day takes place every month, creating space to focus on an innovative passion project (something that would be cool for users).
We work hard, and know how to have fun too; with company trips, socials, sports, gaming sessions and more. We welcome you to share your hobbies with the team so we can all try something new!
Our focus is on output and getting the work done, not counting the hours you work. We appreciate that everyone has their own optimum setup, and so provide flexibility in terms of when and where you get work done.
What you will be doing
As a site reliability engineer, you’ll be developing our infrastructure layer, improving monitoring, helping implement security best practices and providing production support. Additionally, best principles are key to the success of the SRE team. You’ll be expected to define, develop and promote solutions addressing risk management, SLA and SLO management, eliminating toil and release engineering.
- Develop multiple region failover clustering solutions
- Improve and develop monitoring and alerting solutions
- Improve and promote SRE best practices to provide availability and reliability
- Manage tooling and our CI/CD pipelines to provide efficient delivery.
With a solid engineering foundation, you have a strong motivation to learn new skills and knowledge in cutting edge technologies, and are always willing to try, propose, redesign, and refactor alternative solutions to be more efficient, while reducing errors, and minimising human interactions for easier maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in fields related to Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Development experience in at least one of the languages: Java, Golang, Rust
- Keen interest in continuously learning and adopting new and emerging technologies
- Good understanding and experience in deploying and maintaining solutions on a major cloud provider (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
Bonus points for any of the following
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience in large scale projects, working in teams
- Experience using Redis, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Docker, Kubernetes
- A good understanding of and know how to build and design scalable systems
- Experience with modern infrastructure tooling (Terraform, Pulumi, ArgoCD)
- Experience monitoring and handling incident response of the infrastructure, platforms and core engineering services.
- Understanding of network protocols such as TCP, HTTP/S and Load Balancing and the contexts in which they are used (for example, understanding the differences between AWS Application Load Balancer against AWS Network Load Balancer).
- Role is fully remote in UK or Europe or if you want to be London-based we have an office in Brixton, which you’re welcome to use if you prefer.
- Uncapped paid holidays: startup world is busy, we encourage taking time off to recharge and rest, and you’d work to your country’s public holidays
- Private healthcare
- We recognise not everyone works their best at the same time of day, so there’s no standard working hours, as long as you overlap with your team enough & are on-hand for meetings.
- Enhanced parental leave policy (maternity and paternity)
- £1,000/year (or equivalent) for personal professional development
- £50/month (or equivalent) personal wellbeing budget
- For UK employees we’re set up with Cyclescheme & Techscheme
- We’re building a great work culture & environment - we work hard but also know how to have fun
- Team lunch Wednesdays: in-person or virtually with food delivery credit
- Socials, ski or summer trips & a biannual global meet up: we are passionate about bringing everyone together whenever we can, this helps build tighter bonds and alignment
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, background, and nationality