Founded in May 2015, Papier is a London based start-up, which has raised ~£50 million since launch and is one of the fastest growing start-ups in the UK. We recently placed 8th on LinkedIn’s Top 15 UK Startups. Papier’s collection of stationery products, from notebooks & diaries to notecards and wedding invitations, is designed to feed curiosity and contemplation, to invite people to uncover the possibility of a blank page.
We're now looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to join our Tech team and help us in creating a best-in-class e-commerce experience.
Reporting into the Head of Product, and joining our close-knit Tech team, you will work day to day with Engineers, Product Managers and other stakeholders within the business. You'll work in collaboration with wider team to design clear and delightful digital experiences for our customers.
This is a great role for someone who is looking to get involved and have exposure in developing an end-to-end Digital Product process, from ideation to delivery. You'll play an impactful role in improving the digital customer journey and the development of other exciting digital products within a high-growth and ambitious environment. Leading the charge on establishing, educating and growing our Digital Product function within Papier, and with plenty of scope for career progression!
What will you do?
Day to day, you will:
- Work closely with Engineers and Product Managers to deliver projects on time and to a high standard
- Collaborate with stakeholders and specialists within the wider business to reach the best, achievable design solutions
- Identify customer pain-points and opportunity areas from a design perspective
- Play a leading role in the creation and running of User research and interviews
- Wireframe and map out customer journeys
- Create detailed, production ready designs & prototypes, ready for development handoff
- Contribute to and facilitate design workshops
- Use, maintain and improve our design system
- Help to build out Papier's Digital Design Principles
- Be responsible for the Digital Product Design team’s roadmap, vision and strategic direction - working closely with the Head of Product & CTO
You will succeed in this role if you:
- Have extensive Digital Product Design experience (preferably working in e-commerce but this isn't a dealbreaker)
- Are proficient with Figma, prototyping tools and ideally data analytics (internally we use Figma, Notion, Miro, Content Square)
- Have proven experience in creating easy-to-use, delightful digital experiences using design systems (and a portfolio to support it)
- Keep the customer at the centre of all your design decision making
- Have experience leading Digital Product projects in an agile environment
- Worked in close collaboration with wider Product teams, leading on Design voice within end-to-end projects
- Are a great communicator, and are comfortable collaborating with and representing Digital Design with stakeholders across the business
- Are excited by the prospect of helping to build out the Digital Product function at Papier - exploring new tools and processes to be the best it can be!
What you'll get:
- A seat at Maison Papier, our lovely Camden office (hybrid working pattern of 2 days p/week in the office)
- 25 days annual leave per year + the ability to buy an extra 5 days
- 20 days per year to Work from Anywhere
- Private medical and rewards scheme with Vitality Health
- 50% off gym memberships with Virgin Active, Pure Gym and more
- Enrolment into the Papier Pension
- Enhanced parental leave policies
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- £40 per month cultural allowance to spend on anything inspiring!
- £75 personal stationery allowance, and £150 to spend on our Occasion stationery for a lifetime special event
- Generous staff discount
- 2 days paid per year to volunteer for a cause you care about
- Access to mental health & wellbeing resources
- Weekly team lunches & regular cultural trips
- Dog-friendly office
- Friendly and fantastic team!
At Papier, we believe that the diverse perspectives of all paper people deserve to be celebrated. A creative and curious community, we strive to be inclusive and equitable to all. We’re an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on any grounds. From hiring processes through to day-to-day business, we aim to create an environment that is accessible and safe for everyone. We’re always working towards building a balanced and supportive workplace, with policies to ensure everyone has the opportunity to make the most of their chapter at Papier.