Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with £2.1B invested into campaigns and more than 1750 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. We allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process. Seedrs’ HQ is in London, with multiple teams based across Europe.
Republic, a U.S. based firm, has recently acquired Seedrs in a mission to create the first global private investing platform.
Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises over 2M community members across 150 countries. Now, being officially a part of the Republic ecosystem, Seedrs will not only continue to serve the exciting UK and European businesses and investors, but with Republic’s firepower behind us, we will continue to redefine the segment by leading on innovation, customer service, supporting diversity, and trust. Our mission remains unchanged, but now we will have more resources to continue building innovative products that serve our business and investors in the best way possible.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What you’ll do:
- As a Business Development Representative at Seedrs you will play a fundamental role in driving our UK growth, and impact how hundreds of exciting and groundbreaking companies access funds to realise their ambitions.
- You will be the first person to engage and speak to leading founders and entrepreneurs from across the UK and educate them about crowdfunding and the fund raising process on Seedrs.
- You get to do a full discovery, learn about their goals and pain points, and see if/where Seedrs can support
- As the first point of contact, you must be able to understand the diverse business needs of our founders and entrepreneurs. You’re agile, resilient and feel comfortable handling objections
- You’ll use your personality, hustle and passion for Seedrs to raise the bar of success for the whole commercial organisation
- Comfortable being able to document, input and manage internal systems - CRM, enablement tools, analytics is important
The varied nature of this role means there is no set profile for the perfect BDR as the job requires a wide set of skills, including top-notch interpersonal skills, a commercial mindset, understanding of a sales process, and a genuine empathy for entrepreneurs and the challenges they go through. We look for self-starters; you need to act as an entrepreneur yourself, and are expected to challenge the way you work, adapting accordingly to the needs of your clients and the business.
Who we're looking for
You will likely possess or can talk to at least 2/3 of the following key character attributes or professional experiences below
- 1+ year experience in a fast paced, commercial or target driven environment
- Show hustle to get stuff done
- Familiarity or passion with fast paced technology companies
- A genuine passion for entrepreneurship and innovation, and are excited by the opportunity to interact with passionate entrepreneurs of every kind
- Have been entrepreneurial yourself
- Can ask relevant questions and demonstrate active listening
- Team player, able to collaborate with and support members of other teams to achieve the same goal
- A winning mentality
- Know what a CRM is and how to own
- Screening call with our Talent Partner
- 30mins interview with the Commercial Director
- Task based interview with our Commercial Director and Business Development Manager
- Final and Culture Interview with our CCO and a member of the team
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary + commission/bonus scheme
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!