Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with almost £1.9B invested into campaigns and more than 1650 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London, with teams also across Portugal and Germany. We are backed by top-tier institutional investors and VCs, as well as over 4,000 of our own users.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
We’re looking for a self-starter junior lawyer, passionate about startups and investment to join our Investment Team.
The ideal candidate will have qualified as a solicitor or equivalent - NQ or 1 year PQE experience - in corporate or a related area, with a strong understanding of how venture capital and/or private equity functions.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to move into the startup and venture capital ecosystem whilst leveraging their existing legal skillset. You should be a clear strategic thinker, client-focused, and thrive on the opportunity to help us build our team, our business and the future of European startups. The job will require top-notch interpersonal skills, legal experience and knowledge with genuine empathy for entrepreneurs.
This position sits within the Investment Team, which is at the core of our operations: the Investment Team works with all entrepreneurs raising through Seedrs, helping them to get funded whilst informing and protecting our investors. The candidate must have a genuine passion for helping entrepreneurs grow their businesses.
What you'll do
- Review campaigns submitted by startups seeking investment through Seedrs.
- Liaise with entrepreneurs on a daily basis to assist them with any legal queries relating to the campaign funding process.
- Carry out due diligence on startups looking to raise investment through Seedrs.
- Prepare and negotiate legal documentation for startups that successfully raise investment through Seedrs - including bespoke subscription agreements, shareholder agreements and articles of association - to ensure Seedrs’ minimum investment terms are reflected.
- Liaise with local counsel in the completion of various investments for non-UK businesses raising through Seedrs.
- Support our Portfolio team in managing our post-completion relationship with startups that have raised investment with us, including monitoring compliance with investment documentation, responding to legal queries and dealing investor consent requests.
- Input into the various processes and products that make our team run.
You will be responsible for all legal aspects of the campaigns you are handling and will play a key part in taking startups through the funding process. While we’re looking for an excellent lawyer, you’ll also need to develop an understanding of everything related to fundraising via Seedrs, including strategies around crowdfunding, the regulatory framework in which we operate, engaging with investors (from small, self directed investors to high net worths and institutions) and understanding our platform and products.
Who we’re looking for
- A genuine passion for entrepreneurship and innovation. If you don’t believe that startups will change the world, this job is not for you.
- Solicitor or equivalent with corporate experience. Newly qualified solicitors with a strong corporate seat would be ideal, but more experienced candidates are welcome to apply.
- Experience in corporate transactions, including legal due diligence, contract negotiation and a good understanding of shareholder agreements.
- Strong organisational skills are essential, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks under pressure. We are fast growing and need someone who can manage their time efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a superb telephone manner are also essential – this role requires strong account management skills and the ability to build rapport.
- Understanding of early stage investment space.
- Fluent English and excellent writing skills.
- A willingness to work flexibly. We are a very fast growing company, and we need to operate with all hands on deck.
- General awesomeness. While we may be impressed by your grades, we will be more impressed if you are a hard-working and friendly person who adds significant value to the team - we all work hard and enjoy each other’s company!
- 15 minute telephone call with either our Senior Legal & Investment Manager or Senior Legal & Investment Associate.
- 1 hour interview with our Senior Legal & Investment Manager and Senior Legal & Investment Associate, including a technical assessment.
- Final interview with our CIO and a culture interview held by the People Team.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: Competitive salary plus a discretionary bonus scheme.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!