Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with £2.1B invested into campaigns and more than 1750 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. We allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process. Seedrs’ HQ is in London, with multiple teams based across Europe.
Republic, a U.S. based firm, has recently acquired Seedrs in a mission to create the first global private investing platform.
Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises over 2M community members across 150 countries. Now, being officially a part of the Republic ecosystem, Seedrs will not only continue to serve the exciting UK and European businesses and investors, but with Republic’s firepower behind us, we will continue to redefine the segment by leading on innovation, customer service, supporting diversity, and trust. Our mission remains unchanged, but now we will have more resources to continue building innovative products that serve our business and investors in the best way possible.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What you'll do
- Lead design for Global Secondaries team. (World's largest Secondary Market, UK and US)
- Taking part in discovery, workshop and co-design sessions with customers and colleagues.
- Solve our complex problems with customer-centric, validated and delightful product design.
- Thinking conceptually, as well as obsessing over the details.
- Defining interaction models, task flows and screen designs.
- Researching and validating designs with our users in mind.
- Designing workflows and detailed interactions that bring the experience to life.
- Work closely with PM and engineers as they build and release.
- Work with other designers to keep Design system and UI consistent across all retail products.
- Join regular design team “fresh eyes” meetings where we give constructive feedback about one another’s work and design
- Coach and mentor junior designers and help others to understand what is good design.
What we're looking for
- We are a small team and looking for someone who is passionate about innovating and creating best ux and design.
- You should have an impressive portfolio to demonstrate your design process and impact that you have made.
- Mastered the range of qualitative and quantitative research methods and when to apply them to validate your design
- Strong leadership and communication skills. You have experience of owning each stage of product design.
- A broad set of design skills across all aspects of the design from research, human-centred design, prototyping, to visualisation.
- A drive to keep up with the emerging digital trends and culture.
- Mastered your toolkit - Figma (Our main tool), Adobe CC.
- Experience working with lean principles in an Agile environment.
- Nice to have: experience in working in FinTech. After Effects or good understanding of HTML/CSS.
Please note: Please include your portfolio link or examples of previous work as part of your application. Application without this will not be considered.
- 30 minute telephone interview with our Talent Partner.
- 1 hour interview, including portfolio review with our Design Director and Product Manager
- Completion of a task and 1 hour presentation of work.
- Final interview with Design Director and CPO.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!