Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, we're excited about the next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world. We’re a fast-growing team with over 170 Unminders across London, Sydney and New York and would love for you to join us as our Senior Brand Designer, 6 Month Fixed Term Contract.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
One of our values is “Unite Behind Uniqueness” based on the belief that humans are endlessly unique and their opportunities are equally important. In order to fulfil our mission, we want our team to represent the diversity of our users which is why we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where we encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We want to foster a culture where everybody feels included, heard, and equal – regardless of age, disability, gender, neurodiversity, marital or parental status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
If there are any adjustments we can make that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Role – Senior Brand Designer (6 month FTC)
We are looking to hire a talented and versatile senior-level Brand Designer to join our in-house Brand Creative team. This role is currently available on a 6-month fixed term contract.
We are looking for someone with an in-depth understanding of graphic design, visual communication and branding. We will be making some major developments to our brand over the next few months, so this role provides an exciting opportunity to support us while we implement these changes.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Own - Own ideation and execution of design work across a wide variety of Unmind brand touchpoints (including, but not limited to, Marketing, Sales, Client Success and internal comms)
- Champion - Embody the role of a brand champion by supporting the development of our visual brand, promoting understanding of our brand guidelines and advocating for best-in-class visual communication
- Collaborate - Collaborate with stakeholders and teams from across the business
- Communicate - Confidently articulate design decisions when presenting your work
- Contribute - Actively contribute to the creative culture at Unmind by sharing your knowledge, inspiration, ideas and skills
We encourage you to remove education from your CV upon application as qualifications are not a driving factor in our decision making and we are committed to tackling educational inequality. We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for this position:
- A portfolio with case studies of your best design work, demonstrating creativity, quality and attention to detail. We’d specifically like to see examples of how you’ve approached brand work in your career so far (e.g. brand guidelines, brand development or implementing a rebrand).
- Several years of professional experience working as a graphic, visual or brand designer (preferably with some of this as part of an in-house team)
- Ability to work across print and digital media, with in-depth knowledge of best practice when designing for digital formats (e.g. social media, digital ads, responsive landing pages)
- Proficiency in relevant design programs (Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), with some understanding of motion design using After Effects
- Big-picture thinking - you seek to understand the wider context of projects and consider the impact that creative choices might have on clients and/or end users
- Excellent organisation and time management, with the ability to advise on project timelines, keep track of amendments, manage expectations and meet deadlines
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and celebration days (Pro-rata)
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays (Pro-rata)
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave (Pro-rata)
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Dog-friendly workplace