At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
It’s not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But we take care of everyone who works here with everything from coaching to personal budgets and pay highly competitively.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives with a culture where you can be yourself, have fun and progress rapidly.
About the role
We’re looking for a Finance Executive to join us during a period of exciting growth, supporting the transformation of Beam’s finance function.
In this role, you’ll be owning a number of critical projects as we look to bring our functionality in-house: bringing greater operational alignment between the business and finance.
Managing our Accounts Payable process
Accurately posting and reconciling bookkeeping transactions
Managing supplier details & queries
Managing the credit control function including debtor chasing and take ownership of the process for this
Processing monthly journals entries for accruals, prepayments, depreciation or interest expenses
Assisting on monthly accounting close and reporting
Reviewing systems and processes for improvement and take ownership of system process throughout the business
Managing payroll using our payroll system Pento
Managing our expenses platform Pleo - liaise with staff is necessary
Humble and keen to learn with a can-do positive attitude
Renowned for your incredible attention to detail
Excited to learn more about finance and startup ops
Keen to bring your true, open self to work
A brilliant attention to detail - vulnerable people are relying on us
Previous experience in Accounts payable & receivable is a must
Good knowledge of Xero (accounts payable and bank reconciliation, sales invoicing and journal inputting) and ideally Pleo or Dext (formerly ReceiptBank)
We’re a team of over 70 working from our beautiful coworking space in Shoreditch and from home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from our former Queen!) We’re one of the 10 hottest startups in London, according to WIRED magazine and one of LinkedIn’s Top 15 UK Startups for 2022. We’re also proud to be rated a top company to work for Escape the City, Tempo and The Dots.
We’re committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here and we love to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage. 63% of people we support are from ethnic minority backgrounds and 17% have disabilities. We believe we serve these people best when we’re a diverse and inclusive team.
- Salary of £30-40k – highly competitive for tech for good and social impact
- EMI-qualifying share options
- Annual company retreat
- A laptop – choose between a MacBook Air or PC
- £500 personal development budget
- 1:1 workplace coaching with More Happi
- Regular team talks from leading UK tech entrepreneurs
- Hundreds of perks, discounts and freebies from Perkbox
- Free subscription to Calm meditation app
- Discounted bike and accessories with Cyclescheme
- Unlimited holiday (we recommend ~25 days + Bank Holidays per year)
- Hybrid working from our Shoreditch office or at home (2 days in the office, 3 from home)
- Your own financial wellbeing coach, through Bippit
We have a three-stage interview process, giving you plenty of time to learn about Beam while we get to know you.
- 30-minute video call with our Talent Partner/Finance Manager
- Timed practical test, giving you a better sense of the role
- Three informal chats with people at Beam
Start your journey to a more impactful career today. We're excited to hear from you.