Senior Specialist, Collections Strategy & Control
London, Collections Strategy Team
Lendable is on a mission to make consumer finance amazing: faster, cheaper and friendlier.
We’re building one of the world’s leading fintech companies and are off to a strong start:
- One of the UK’s newest unicorns with just over 150 people
- Among the top 10 fastest growing tech companies in the UK
- Profitable since 2017
- Backed by top investors including Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs
- Loved by customers with the best reviews in the market (4.8/5 across 10,000s of reviews)
So far, we’ve rebuilt the Big Three consumer finance products from scratch: loans, credit cards and car finance. We get money into our customers’ hands in minutes instead of days.
We’re growing fast, and there’s a lot more to do: we’re going after the two biggest Western markets (UK and US) where trillions worth of these are held by big banks with dated systems and painful processes.
About the role
You will lead all Collections and Recoveries customer contact strategies and be our eyes on customer contact, feeding back into technical builds and champion/challenging ways to improve contact on our customer arrears portfolio. Data is your middle name and you will create insight into strategies as well as general oversight.
What you will do:
- Own and be accountable for Collections and Recoveries contact strategies across all products
- Design, understand and track performance of customer arrears management contact strategies, making recommendations that improve both customer contact rates and outcomes
- Lead continuous improvement of the Collections and Recoveries strategy
- Monitor the volume of manual customer touchpoints and automate, maintaining customer satisfaction
- Share the strategy oversight and outcomes with key stakeholders, with focus on alignment to impairment targets
- Mentor and coach more junior analysts to share expertise in Collections and Recoveries
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 2 years experience working in Collections and Recoveries
- Experience in developing data-led customer contact strategies
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment applicable to UK financial services, in particular Collections
- Strong numerate candidate, educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Ability to work autonomously and have a real interest in customer behaviour and experience. The right candidate will want to automate as much as possible and focus on the bigger picture by making strategic decisions.
- Ability to demonstrate proficient use of SQL or Python. Previous experience of reviewing customer behaviour, A/B testing strategies and machine learning models would be highly advantageous.
The interview process
We’re not a corporate so we try our best to get things moving as quickly as possible. For this role we’d expect:
- A quick phone call with one of the team
- A short exercise to complete in your own time
- Onsite Interview to discuss the exercise you completed
- Meet the team you’ll work with daily + meet the Exec Team
Life at Lendable (also check out our Glassdoor page)
- The opportunity to scale up one of the world’s most successful fintech companies.
- Best-in-class compensation including equity.
- You can work from home every Monday and Friday if you wish - on the other days we all come together IRL to be together, build and exchange ideas.
- Our in-house chef prepares fresh, healthy lunch in the office every Tuesday-Thursday.
- We’re growing and moving to a brand new office in Shoreditch, but will keep our penthouse loft for festivities.
- We organise an annual trip with the whole company, to celebrate our milestones and reflect on our achievements.
- We're an equal opportunity employer and are looking to make Lendable the most inclusive and open workspace in London