Dot Dot Dot is a social enterprise which allows people who do brilliant voluntary work to live in buildings that would otherwise be empty. We provide good, inexpensive housing to people who make a difference, we protect buildings for their owners, and we contribute to communities. Everyone wins.
About this role
We are looking for someone brilliant to win and develop contracts with clients who enable us to do our best work. You’ll identify new business opportunities to generate revenue and improve profitability, and enhance the reputation of the organisation through relationship building and quality work.
The business development manager role is integral to finding new properties to house great guardians in. The role requires you to manage, coordinate and, where necessary, improve aspects of the business development pipeline (leads, prospects, opportunities). You’ll also develop excellent relationships with existing clients and search for new business opportunities with them.
We want to find someone who loves to talk about our unique business model and represent our brand - someone who is interested in and committed to our mission and values as an organisation.
- Lead and improve all aspects of the BD pipeline.
- Work with our senior leadership team to contribute to business development strategy.
- Identify and secure new business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain the BD pipeline.
- Produce high quality financial models, tender proposals and pitch documents.
- Produce forecast revenue figures for new and existing projects.
- Monitor budgets and spend, producing business cases where appropriate.
- Work across the organisation to provide insight to project data and impact.
- Develop strategies for client management and engagement.
- Design and maintain appropriate client reporting schedules.
- Ensure optimal client account management taking into account operational relationships, value and risk management.
- Negotiate contractual terms and manage contract execution.
You’re likely to be able to demonstrate experience of, or aptitude for, much of the following:
- Interest in and commitment to our mission and values as an organisation.
- Ability to analyse business development-related insights and data and make recommendations.
- Good analytic and strategic awareness, able to weight competing concerns effectively and to provide leadership to others in line with our values and priorities.
- Confident in coordinating complex workstrands, including working across different teams and disciplines.
- Ability to plan and coordinate resources on a short and long term basis across a diverse portfolio.
- Provide line management to, and nurture the professional development of, the BD team.
We are interested in hearing from candidates with:
- Strong numeracy and financial modelling skills to inform business decisions.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and coherent way, tailoring messaging to the audience.
- Outstanding customer service skills - both proactive and reactive, trustworthy, reliable and relevant.
- An understanding of marketing and sales techniques.
- Capability to anticipate / demonstrate the likely risks and returns of investments / projects.
- Appreciation of and commitment to fostering team spirit, high standards and open communication.
- Ability to self-motivate, to manage your own time and to work on your own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Please take a look at our website for further information about us and the role https://dotdotdotproperty.com/about/recruitment/