Job Title: Investor Engagement Officer
Salary: £30,500 - £34,500
Location: Hybrid: London (Chancery Lane area) and homeworking
Accountable to: Investor Relations Director
Contract: Permanent, full-time (open to flexible working options)
- As we celebrate ten years since Big Society Capital (BSC) launched and implement our 2025 strategy to scale social impact investment to help improve people’s lives in the UK, we are delighted to be recruiting for a new member of our Investor Relations team. It couldn’t be a more exciting time to take on a role where you will help build awareness of social impact investment and how it can bring meaningful change in helping to tackle social issues.
- This is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in Investor Relations as part of a lean, dynamic and supportive team – you can come from any background, what’s most important is that you share our values, have a creative, entrepreneurial mindset, love working with people and are passionate about our mission!
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- You will gain valuable experience, supporting the Investor Relations Director with existing and potential relationships with trust and foundation investors as well as supporting the wider investor engagement team to build awareness of social impact investment. The position will sit within the Engagement Group and will work closely with investment and communications team members as along with colleagues across BSC and external partners in the social impact investment sector.
What you will do:
- Leading key relationships with trusts and foundations (ranging from established relationships to new prospective clients) and being responsible for day-to-day management, ad hoc requests and deepening relationships with these clients.
- Supporting the Investor Relations Director to deliver outstanding content in the form of investor presentations and other marketing material.
- Managing a database of new and live opportunities as well as support in improving the level of data collection and stakeholder management processes using CRM system, Salesforce.
- Supporting the wider investor engagement team to build and manage relationships across channels including with individuals and their advisers, financial institutions, family offices, pension funds and other institutional investors.
- Researching potential investors to better understand their business priorities and identify opportunities to align their interests with those of the social investment sector.
- Representing BSC at sector events and meetings to better understand new business opportunities and identify opportunities to align their interests with those of the social investment sector.
- Development of a new stakeholder engagement process for trusts and foundations and streamlining of prospect list to ensure effective delivery of investor engagement goals for trusts and foundations.
- Supporting the Investor Relations Director in the delivery of projects related to investor audiences – corporates and faith-based organisations – as well as taking on responsibility for aspects of this strategy.
What you will bring:
- Ambitious and driven - can work both within a dynamic team environment and independently
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, able to think creatively and outside of the box
- Passion and interest in building the social investment market
- Can handle tight deadlines - sourcing information, designing and producing outstanding presentations and other marketing materials
- Understanding of or exposure to client strategy development, identifying and qualifying prospects and supporting customer journeys from awareness to final outcomes
- Excellent communicator, both in writing and speaking• Strong client relationship management and people skills, able to liaise with external contacts at all levels, with an empathetic manner
- Strong ability to identify, interpret, design and build key investment ideas in the form of presentations and other marketing material.
- Confident in using a wide range of IT systems, particularly, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Ability to understand investor needs as well as financial institutions, their internal structures and decision-making processes
- Well organised and analytical with an ability to follow through on projects
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people from racialised communities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are a UK-based business with an office in the Chancery Lane area of London, accessible to a number of public transport links. Our current approach allows colleagues to spend 40% - 60% of their working hours in the office, and the remainder from home. We hope that this working pattern encourages Big Society Capital employees to achieve a healthy balance between work and personal goals, as we continue to adapt to the changing needs of our diverse workforce.
Right to work: for candidates who do not have the right to work in the UK, Big Society Capital may consider visa sponsorship
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: Big Society Capital is committed to being a diverse organisation that is truly representative of the communities we serve. We therefore welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, particularly those under-represented in the social impact investment sector (e.g. people from LGBTQIA+; racialised; disabled; under-served communities)
We are an equal opportunities employer with an inclusive environment where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. We want every colleague to be able to deliver their work with dignity, equality, comfort and independence. Our office is fully accessible with step-free access and an open-plan set up. We are open to accommodation requests regarding assistive technologies, accessibility tools, flexible working or any other reasonable adjustments that will make working or visiting here more accessible for you. If you have a disability or other access needs and require any support to assist you through the recruitment process, please get in touch with Ruth Davidson (People and Talent Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org