Today, more and more people are settling down later, creating an era of modern nomads. With the world as their address, they seek a space that reflects their style and feels like home. So, we’ve crafted a curated collection of décor made to move with you — focusing on design statements that transform simple spaces in an instant.
We partner with artisans and entrepreneurs around the world to create unique home designs that harness age-old traditions. Wicklewood’s support of craftswomen promotes ethical labour practices, ensuring our modern, colourful designs respect textile traditions and celebrate local heritage, from Guatemala to India to England.
Wicklewood is seeking an experienced Operations Director to join the team for a minimum of 9 months, four days a week, with the potential to continue working within Wicklewood when our current Operations Director returns.
The candidate must be a proactive problem solver who seeks to find new efficient, creative, and sustainable ways to run and grow a young fast-moving business. Candidate must be good at working under pressure, juggling priorities and foster a continuous growth mindset.
We are looking for an experienced leader to help scale and grow our company. Someone who has exceptional organisation and management skills and takes a structured and logical approach to managing their own and their team’s workload. As a start-up we are looking for a flexible and adaptable candidate with confidence and enthusiasm to tackle problems and with an ability to continually look to improve and challenge the status quo via to find new ways of working; specifically implementing new technology systems and processes that will help make the business run more seamlessly and economically.
ROLE: Operations Director
LOCATION: Kensington office, London
4 days per week
Supply Chain Logistics
- Manage the delivery process from our manufacturers and to our customers
- Build strong relationships with haulier companies and warehouses, ensuring the business is getting the best service for the best price as we grow.
- Ensure our shipping methods are as efficient as possible from both a cost and environmental perspective
- Be the expert in cross-border shipping, taxes and duties, ensuring we can continue to support our growth in other territories
- Manage POs to suppliers and settling invoices once product has been received
- Be the expert in Shopify apps and plugins, integrating new systems to enhance the shipping and fulfilment process both into and out of the business
- QC incoming product with the team
Production Planning and stock management
- Ensure that inventory levels are maintained, create plans for product to allow realistic lead-times and reduce transport costs
- Work with design team to create seasonal delivery calendars to ensure product is ordered on time for specific delivery windows – i.e. Christmas
- Using data to manage product stock levels to ensure there is sufficient cover whilst minimising or eliminating any slow moving/obsolete lines
- Create product growth plan for the company
Analysis and costing
- Management of master cost margin analysis for every product in the company, account for variability in costs and analyse models to guide high level design and production decisions
- Assist in the RRP pricing of goods for customers
- Monthly reporting analysis of stock levels, best sellers, slow sellers and input into when and how to best liquidate stock in order to grow the business
- Check and approve and pay invoices
- General bookkeeping in Xero, balance accounts, VAT returns, etc.
- Manage the Operations Associate and Operations Manager in their daily tasks
- 4+ years supply chain/logistics/customer service/operations experience
- Multi-tasker able to prioritise
- Knowledge of Xero (or other accounting management system)
- Understanding and experience working in ERP systems for small companies
- Flexible, able to work well under pressure
- Extremely confident in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, with strong English and numeracy skills
KEY GOALS WITHIN ROLE:
- To continuously work towards lowering costs without compromising quality. i.e changing suppliers / revolutionising the way we pack our goods / implementing tech systems to cut out middlemen
- Ensure stock is in the right place at the right time, ranging from our shop to stock room to warehouses and product in transit
- Develop ways to improve our performance, efficiency, sustainability, and efficacy based on logistics metrics and customer feedback
- Always know our products inside out and work to provide an amazing experience to customers
We have a lovely team working from our office and showroom on Stratford Road. We all support each other in our work and look forward to welcoming a new member to the team!