About the opportunity
Sustainable Food Places is a partnership of the Soil Association, Food Matters and Sustain. We support the development of cross-sector food partnerships that make healthy and sustainable food a defining characteristic of where their place. The Senior Communications Officer will coordinate the content and technical management of outward facing communications of the SFP programme. This includes communications dedicated to Sustainable Food Places members and public communications. The Senior Communications Officer will maintain Sustainable Food Places communication channels including social media, email forum, newsletter, incoming enquiries and online events. The Senior Communications Officer will also coordinate & support SFP case studies, consultation responses and media copy. The SFP website is a key communication tool for the programme and this role will provide copy and upload content. Training and technical support will be provided where needed.
This is a multi-faceted role suited to someone with energy & enthusiasm who is able to manage multiple strands of work while maintaining a keen eye for detail as part of a friendly and supportive team that is supporting change in our food system across the UK. We are looking for excellent project coordination and administration skills, excellent communication skills both written and verbal as well as confident in using a range of communications tools. You will be highly motivated and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment with the ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines . We are looking for someone able to work independently and as part of a geographically remote team with empathy with the aims and objectives of Soil Association and Sustainable Food Places.
We offer a range of financial and lifestyle benefits to all our employees, including:
- 27 days annual holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with ethical investment options and employer contribution increasing with length of service
- Free membership of the Soil Association and discounts on organic produce
- Volunteer days to give back to the local community or support green initiatives
- Family friendly policies and flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sociable and engaging workplace of professionals that share a passion for healthy, sustainable lifestyle and produce
30 hours per week
Fixed term contact - 24 months