Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with £2.1B invested into campaigns and more than 1750 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. We allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process. Seedrs’ HQ is in London, with multiple teams based across Europe.
Republic, a U.S. based firm, has recently acquired Seedrs in a mission to create the first global private investing platform.
Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises over 2M community members across 150 countries. Now, being officially a part of the Republic ecosystem, Seedrs will not only continue to serve the exciting UK and European businesses and investors, but with Republic’s firepower behind us, we will continue to redefine the segment by leading on innovation, customer service, supporting diversity, and trust. Our mission remains unchanged, but now we will have more resources to continue building innovative products that serve our business and investors in the best way possible.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What we’re looking for
- Fluency in English.
- 10+ years of experience in Software Development and Software Architecture.
- Deep industry knowledge and awareness of the technical landscape. Incorporates this analysis as appropriate into strategy.
- Broad understanding of strategic IT topics and solutions like automation, cloud architectures and DevOps.
- Sound overall knowledge of cloud computing; APIs, microservices, application integration, and data architecture methodologies and industry best practices.
- An entrepreneur at heart - we are counting on you to propose new ideas, discuss other people's ideas and be genuinely passionate about innovation.
- Broad understanding of how to communicate and ability to effectively communicate the value technology brings to the business.
- You are able to architect solutions in cooperation with product teams to operate these services
What you’ll do
- Help the organisation achieve a good cloud architecture and review it continuously.
- Establish principles and guardrails, and shape knowledge sharing processes in our engineering organisation.
- Develop blueprints and reusable cloud building blocks with sane defaults; Likewise, you provide in-house consulting for our engineering teams that leverage cloud capabilities.
- Define standards, conventions, and toolsets for teams to use.
- Help shape and improve our team processes.
- Work with the Product team in supporting the release of new tools and products.
- Guarantee best practices in both infrastructure and software development.
- Give architectural approvals for “big ticket” projects.
- Provide roadmaps that show how the organization will move towards a certain future state.
- Coordinate and manage other architects on the team assigned to different projects
- AWSto host our infrastructure.
- Linux and bash scripting to configure our servers.
- Buildkite for our CI/CD.
- Docker for virtualisation.
- Datadog for monitoring.
- Ruby on Rails for our main application.
- ReactJS for our frontend services.
- 30 minute telephone screening call with the Senior DevOps Engineer
- 1 hour interview and technical discussion with Software Architect and Senior DevOps Engineer
- 1 hour interview with CPO / CTO
- 20 minute Culture interview held by the People team
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!