Untamed Borders is a small travel company that leads the way in cutting-edge adventure travel. We have pioneered tourism across Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa since 2008. We were the first company to run ski trips to Afghanistan and Iraq and the first company to arrange commercial travel to Somalia, and we co-founded the Marathon of Afghanistan, the country’s first mixed-gender sporting event. We also work with professional media on research, journalism and documentary projects. We are a dynamic, hardworking and growing company based in Islington, London.
Job Brief – Digital Marketing & PR Coordinator
The role will be wide ranging and varied.
The core of the role will be overseeing Untamed Borders’ digital marketing activities, including managing and creating content for the social media accounts, writing content for the website and blog, and liaising with the sales staff to understand what areas of the business need promoting. The right candidate will also be well versed in Google Ads, Google Analytics, SEO and Mailchimp.
You will also be responsible for overseeing Untamed Borders’ PR activities, including writing, pitching and sending out press releases, managing press requests and actively seeking out press opportunities in national and international media.
We are looking for a flexible, independent and resourceful candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to join our small team and help our company grow.
· Managing and planning all Untamed Borders’ social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
· Writing SEO-friendly content for the Untamed Borders website and blog
· Writing and sending the Untamed Borders quarterly newsletter
· Managing any advertising opportunities
· Managing the Untamed Borders Google Ads account
· Organising and attending travel shows or relevant events
· Managing and keeping photo archives up to date
· Stay up to date with travel trends
· Writing and pitching out all Untamed Borders press releases
· Liaising with and maintaining relationships with key travel journalists, and keeping the media list up to date
· Dealing with press requests and managing TravMedia account
· Keeping up to date with competitor press coverage
· Organising press trips
· Fluency in spoken and written English
· Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
· Experience working in a travel marketing role
· Experience in a PR role, with knowledge of writing press releases
· Experience of managing social media accounts
· Knowledge of WordPress
· Knowledge of Google ads, Analytics and SEO
· Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· An interest in adventure travel
Working hours: 24 hours per week / 3 days a week
Location: Candidates would be expected to be in the UTB office space in Newington Green, N16 London 2 days per week.
Salary: £23,000 - £27,000 per annum (pro rata) dependent on experience
Holiday: 20 days per annum (pro rata based on a 40-hour week)
Bonuses: Dependent on success of company
Additional: Opportunity to take part in one trip with Untamed Borders annually or have a trip partially funded