Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 (depending on skills and experience) plus share options
- Benefits: We offer some excellent benefits and perks.
- Job type: Permanent and Full-time (35 hours per week with part-time and flexible hours available)
- Reporting to: CTO
- Location: Edinburgh + home working (2 days per week in the office). Remote options can be considered.
- Start date: ASAP
- Apply Here: Application Link
We support people to work from wherever they are most comfortable, but we understand the importance of coming together to collaborate, socialise and build relationships.
If you need a visa to work in the UK - we can sponsor a Tier 2 work visa.
Good-Loop is a purpose-powered advertising platform, on a mission to connect brands, people and good causes globally. We build products that make it easy and profitable for brands to do good at scale and our advertising technology is used by some of the biggest brands in the world, from Nike and Adidas to L’Oreal, Pepsi, Honda and McDonalds.
Good-Loop’s carbon-neutral advertising has raised over $6m for charities around the world and planted over a million trees – all whilst supporting high-quality journalism and diverse publications.
As the first carbon-neutral BCorp in AdTech, Good-Loop is uniquely positioned to capitalise on the increasing consumer demand for businesses to step up and contribute to society. We’re a small, but agile and fast-moving team with a lot of heart and even more ambition.
Everything we build is designed to give back - to people, to the planet, and to our charity partners. Our developers are at the heart of this, creating and refining products that have generated over £4m for charity so far.
As a key member of the product and tech team, you will be responsible for expanding our codebase and bringing ideas to life. You'll want to get involved with building world-changing products, collaborating with other developers and business functions to drive revenue.
As our team is small, you'll be working across our product suite to enhance our current operations and help to deliver brand new initiatives. Day-to-day, you might be working on our web-apps (such as My.Good-Loop), our dynamic adverts, or our backend systems.
Our business is constantly evolving to meet emerging market needs; you can expect to learn something new every day and work with cutting edge technology and ideas to make a difference in the world.
On a typical day, you will be:
- Working with our product design team to turn concepts into real products
- Building improvements to our B2B and B2C offerings that will propel business growth
- Helping to scale up our current product offerings to ensure we can manage increasing demand
- Ensuring our adverts are functioning as expected, and providing code fixes where required
- You are a strong communicator with a bias for action
- You're always happy to ask "what else?" and present new ideas to the team
- You love picking up new technology and learning quickly
- You enjoy working in a close-knit, supportive team and engaging in pair programming
- You can manage your own time and priorities independently during a sprint
- You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Essential skills and experience
- Backend development experience (Java preferred)
- An understanding of Agile development principles
- Comfortable sharing your work and explaining how it functions - we'll be keen to talk through one of your projects during the interview.
We don't expect you to have experience in all of these -- let us know which ones you have:
- AdTech platforms
- UX / User-centred design
- Data science
- Graphic design
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they tick every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single requirement on the list above, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and hear about what else you know.
We give a shit about leaving the world a little bit better than we found it, we’re a passionate and kind team and we’re constantly asking what else we can do to push our industry, and our work, to be better.
We’ve come a long way since we founded in 2016, and we have some ambitious plans to scale and expand across the globe.
We pride ourselves on a relaxed but productive working environment enabling both commercial success and personal development. No matter what stage of your career you're at - from paid internships and graduate opportunities right through to senior posts - we'll support you with the training and development you need to feel empowered to do your best work.
We offer some excellent benefits and perks.
To apply, please click here.
If you're applying for a tech role, we'd love to see a short portfolio of your best work. This could be a link to your github profile with a paragraph of commentary, or you could send some code samples. Show us projects you are passionate about, regardless of whether they are relevant to this job. Hobby projects preferred!
We strive to make Good-Loop a place where everyone can do their best work, by bringing together diversity of thought, perspectives, and experience, to create an inclusive environment where our people can be their best selves.
We welcome difference whether it’s gender, gender identity or expression, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy and maternity status; so please, just be yourself.
If you need us to make reasonable adjustments to ensure that your interview experience is a great one, please feel free to let us know.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.