Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
As a front-end engineer you will:
- Work with the team to develop new user-facing features across our apps
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Cooperate with back-end developers in the process of building RESTful APIs
- Write code with an emphasis on quality, readability and performance
- Write tests so that we can ship features with confidence
- Deep knowledge of core aspects of front end development (HTML, CSS, JS, scaling and performance)
- At least 1 year of experience working with Vue (v2 & v3) to architect & build large apps
- Understanding the importance of writing automated tests in a pragmatic manner. We prefer shipping over 100% code coverage and use Cypress to write mostly e2e & component tests.
- Familiarity with CI/CD systems and a basic understanding of infrastructure setup in order to deploy your app while maximising performance
- We adopt new technologies or methodologies as they make sense so our new apps will be using Vue 3, Vite, Tailwind and the latest relevant tools & libraries. We also plan to upgrade our existing Vue 2 apps along the way.
- Appreciation for UI/UX work and an attention to detail. Ultimately that’s what matters to our users the most.
Detailed requirements will be shared after agreeing a contract.