Who we are:
At Pasta Evangelists (PE), we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. We provide our customers with fresh, handmade pasta, the finest sauces & beautiful garnishes from Italy, inviting them to prepare a 5-star pasta dish in the comfort of their own home.
We deliver our product across four channels:
1) Meal kits through a digitally native DTC brand, www.pastaevangelists.com;
2) Takeaway meals through physical sites and dark kitchens including Harrods and Boxpark;
3) Retail products through online retailers including Ocado, Getir and Gorillas
4) We also have a high-end restaurant in theHarrods dining hall that opened in 2021.
Today, Pasta Evangelists is one of the fastest-growing food tech companies in the UK, having increased revenues by 30x in the past 3 years. Our takeaway business have grown from 5 to 35 sites in two years!
We have recently been acquired by Barilla, the biggest pasta company in the world. We continue to operate independently with the same start-up culture and energy, whilst benefiting from the backing of one of the largest food groups internationally.
Finance at Pasta Evangelists:
The finance team at PE is split into two main teams which are led by our CFO, however we collaborate together as a function and work closely with others across the company:
Financial Control & Compliance- this team runs all things financial reporting, including weekly KPI reports, compilation of month end reporting, payroll, accounts payable and receivable.
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)- this team partners with the business and manages our budgeting/forecasting process for the company, together with regular analysis of financial performance.
The Assistant Management Accountant we are recruiting for sits in our Financial Control team. The role will also support our FP&A team in business partnering with different department heads. The main tasks are:
- Balance Sheet reconciliations for monthly management accounts
- Management of outsourced transactional team (troubleshooting & training)
- Weekly KPI and P&L reporting for business channels, including per site for all our takeaway sites
- Review of payment run, including review with CFO/CEO
- Review and management of staff expenses
- Preparation of business-wide inventory counts and reports
- Maintain record of fixed costs for marketing, IT, industrial overheads etc.
- Management of documents and records (contracts, etc.)
- Ad hoc requests (Expense top ups, resolving finance/payment related issues, on boarding new
- VAT Returns
- Preparation of reports and management information to assist CFO / CEO as required
Who you are:
- Part qualified or Accountancy & Finance Graduate
- Previous hospitality industry experience skills are key
- Strong Excel skills
- A strong emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Ability to multi-task and to co-ordinate a series of different jobs concurrently
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Competent oral and written communication skills, with ability to evaluate queries and advise the teams in a timely and professional manner
- Previous use of Xero and Centegra preferable
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary + a meaningful equity package with significant upside potential
- Join a dynamic, fast-moving & diverse team in a vibrant Central London working office
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ‘il bel paese’
- Free Pasta Evangelists products
- Italian lessons; discounted gym membership; cycle to work scheme etc.
- 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays)