Our mission is to improve the working lives of one million people by 2025; allowing employees to have flexibility, optionality and autonomy in where and how they work. Our biggest asset in achieving this goal is our diverse team. We are committed to building an equitable, inclusive culture that reflects the ethics and values at the heart of our mission. We actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds and believe that no matter your sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or parental status you will have the opportunity to excel and make a difference here at Hubble.
Join us as we make hybrid working easy and accessible to all.
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate has excellent attention to detail, keen critical thinking skills and finds people-focused work to be incredibly rewarding. You will either have formal HR qualifications or will have expertise in People polices and processes. To be successful in this role, you should be operationally minded with a firm understanding of UK employment matters, you should be a relationship builder with the ability to build trusting relationships with leadership, managers and employees across all levels. At Hubble we value innovation, an entrepreneurial mindset, integrity and ‘bias for action’ so if you are someone who can bring new ideas to the table, if you love getting things done and are someone that people can trust - please apply. We would love to hear from you.
This role reports into David, our Chief Operating Officer. This is a new role at Hubble but is key to our continued growth and success; we are currently a team of 58 but looking to double that over the next few months. We are building out our ‘People Ops’ function to ensure that all Hubble employees receive the same 5* experience we deliver to our customers. Over the past 7 years we have cultivated a truly inclusive culture that we are proud of, as such our People Ops manager should have a Team-first mentality. You will take support various processes across the employee life-cycle and take ownership of a number of exciting projects such as our People roadmap, career progression framework and employee onboarding experience. You will also work alongside Shana, our Talent Manager on our strategic hiring initiatives. This role will involve operational HR tasks as well as broader projects to build a positive employee experience.
- Own the ‘New Joiner’ experience from offer acceptance all they way through to a new joiner’s 3-month check in
- Maintain people data through Charlie HR and support day-to-day administration
- Collaborate across teams to identify and help solve various people challenges that arise in a rapidly scaling business
- Develop a People roadmap alongside our people managers to ensure that Hubble is an employer of choice
- Work on initiatives aimed at supporting and developing our culture as we grow. This could include events, outreach and partnership opportunities
- Establish and maintain trust and credibility across all levels of the company
- Research, design and implement scalable people processes/ frameworks that cover areas such as onboarding, career progression, DEI commitments, ‘future of work’ and our benefits offering
- Work with managers to cultivate engagement, motivation and work satisfaction as we grow not only in the UK but globally.
- Experience working in a high growth start-up/ scale up
- Experience in staffing or human resource management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to provide high-quality support to employees with thoughtfulness and tact.
- A proven track record of using data to drive change across an organisation enabling multiple success metrics
- Be confident using People systems- we currently have a suite of tools and are keen to ensure that we are getting the most out of every system we currently have and are open to review what we are using to get the data we need
- A passionate and empathetic people-person with a DEI-first mindset
We want to make sure that everyone who works at Hubble is comfortable and has the best environment to enable their work. We offer flexible hours, remote working and have a relaxed attitude to taking holiday - focusing only on whether work gets done. Benefits can be tweaked on an individual basis depending on what makes you most productive.
We live what we preach and Hubble has always worked in a hybrid way.
We are remote-first with time spent in the our HQ for culture and collaboration and the flexibility to work from anywhere on other days.
Here are some of the other benefits we offer:
- Private Healthcare
- Free therapy via Spill
- Freedom to work anywhere in the world, with on-demand access to a large network of central, local and global co-working spaces.
- Macbook and peripherals.
- Spotify Premium or Apple Music.
- Kindle Unlimited + free technical books.
Hubble is the future of work, pushing every day to improve the working lives of people all over the world.
By equipping businesses with the tools they need to satisfy the growing demand for flexibility, we deliver workplace experiences that work for all, whether it’s a full-time office by the month or access to on-demand workspaces in close to 1,000 locations worldwide.