Carbon13 is the venture builder for the climate emergency, fostering commercial, scalable ventures which can reduce CO2e emissions by tens of millions of tonnes per year. We aim to support over 1000 entrepreneurs over five years through the seven-month venture builder programme.
This is a great opportunity to build something from the ground up and to have a real impact in an organisation which works on solving climate change.
The marketing strategy is principally targeted at potential applicants to the venture builder programme.It is currently developed across multiple channels including email, social media, PPC and Carbon13’s website. The role holder will lead on the localisation of the global marketing strategy to the EU activities, areas of particular focus will be partnerships for talent, direct sourcing of talent, local events and webinars. The role also requires marketing funnel management and some applicant pipeline management. The role holder will collaborate with the UK team on the creation and optimisation of the marketing strategy for the venture builder.
The main responsibilities of the role fall into the categories of partnerships, events, and talent, including:
- Designing and executing activities to increase word-of-mouth referrals to the programme, including developing a scouting programme
- Organising marketing webinars and events both off and online
- Building a network of organisations and influential individuals and forming partnerships which can contribute to applicants
- Networking and sourcing exceptional candidates directly
- Content marketing and copywriting, including for website and email
- Metric reporting and analysis of marketing activities
- Managing social media channels and running campaigns
- Such other tasks as are commensurate with the position
Essential skills and experience
- An ideal candidate should have between 3 and 5+ years of experience. For the right candidate, this is a position with room to grow.
- Be an excellent copywriter with at least 3 years’ experience copywriting, across email, social media, digital ad copy, website and/or similar
- Have good people skills, and be confident building and managing relationships with people on and offline.
- Either have experience working with tools such as CRMs (e.g. Hubspot), Survey Monkey Apply, basic design editors, Excel et al, or be proactively willing to learn new tools;
- Speak fluent business German and English (for localisation of marketing materials and administration)
- Be able to analyse marketing data and write reports
- Be conscientious and detail-focused
- Proven experience rolling ones sleeves up
- Be proactive and enjoy working independently, and as part of the small team of Carbon13, and enjoy working in entrepreneurial environments
- Be passionate about entrepreneurial innovation, and about Carbon13’s mission of reducing GHG emissions by millions of tonnes
- Have a good understanding of growth marketing principles
- Have some design skills, particularly regarding social media content
- Have some familiarity with PPC marketing such as Google Ads or LinkedIn
Send an email and a brief cover letter and CV. Candidates may be asked to supply samples of copywriting work for example social media posts, email/newsletter writing, and website copywriting.