Elevator Pitch: The Company. Us. Runway East.
At Runway East, we're a team of tech lovers, entrepreneurs, ex-startup founders and customer service advocates, who go above and beyond to keep our companies thriving. It’s been 7 years, and we’ve grown to eight locations, over 3,000 members and watched our companies raise over £1bn. We’re here to make good work, with good people. And we’re here to have fun. Incomparable company, superstar service, dogs on demand, Cake Wednesdays and our infamous Friday beer trolley - these are all things we build into creating happiness every day. But what really sets us apart from the coworking crowd is us.
Runway East has a strong brand, passionate customer base and most importantly, a product customers genuinely love. Covid has presented challenges, but it has also presented opportunities. The way of working has been flipped upside down and the demand for flexibility is greater than ever. We’re ready to take full advantage of that.
Elevator Pitch: The Job. It’s a great job. We promise.
We are on the hunt for an organised, enthusiastic and self-starting Community Manager to run building operations and make sure our members feel supported and inspired in their home from home.
- We are looking for someone ambitious, organised, smart and detail-orientated to ensure we continue to provide exceptional customer service and keep all our moving parts moving.
- We need someone who thrives on operational excellence and problem solving, someone who can lead and develop a team, naturally social who builds relationships and facilitates connections.
- You’ll be the first port of call for our members so an unwavering pursuit of exceptional customer service is essential.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with high levels of transparency and growth is key. You should thrive in an unpredictable work environment, you’ll think fast, get your hands dirty and be a port in the storm.
(This is not a marketing role)
What You’ll Be Doing
Keeping our operations moving:
- Operations are the bedrock of this role and the small things really do matter
- Solve member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community and manage members’ expectations
- Ensure that the building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly
- Keep building standards high, everything in its place exactly where members need it, when they need it
- Ensure building compliance is kept up to date at all times
- Make recommendations on any repairs, maintenance, or updates required in your building
- Review all base building documents to ensure the data is updated and accurate
- Supervise move-ins and move-outs for quality experience
- Know and be able to implement member safety plans, i.e. fire and emergency plans
- Run a space that always looks great, as nothing less than perfect spaces will do for our members
- Explain Runway East policies and procedures to members, including but not limited to: membership agreement and billing procedures
Making your own mark on our fun, energised co-working culture:
- Develop community initiatives designed to create connections between members, including member introductions, overseeing events, electronic and print communications, and building walkthroughs
- Make sure our members feel like part of a family - supported, listened to and connected to a like-minded network, carrying out regular member check-ins with all companies at your site
- Keep aware of how our members are feeling, and use their feedback (and your brilliantly creative mind) to think up new ways to improve our space, events and community.
Leadership, learning and development:
- Manage a team of Community Associates within your building
- Take your own professional development seriously, as well as that of your team
- Delegate effectively and be able to bring the best out of others, developing their skills and leading your team to deliver an amazing service
- Perform regular one-on-one meetings to track individual performance
- Oversee and keep team up to date with process changes
- Oversee team including performance management reviews
Joining our adventure
We’re a team of experienced entrepreneurs who want to make the happiest, most productive, most exciting working environment in town, nay the world, nay the galaxy, nay (you get the picture).
If you want to really understand what the role is about, read a day in the life of Amy our Community Manager and see what a day as a CM looks like here at Runway East.
You’ll do great here if you’re:
- An operational expert: With so many plates in the air, we need someone with proven experience in operations.
- You're a problem solver who’s not afraid to get your hands dirty to resolve issues before members know they're issues.
- You’re a confident communicator, cool and calm under pressure and bring a “can do”, “work it out”, “that’s my job”, “I’ll sort it” mentality to work.
- You’re not afraid to be disruptive, you’ll challenge systems, improve processes and make us more efficient than we were yesterday.
- Passionate about people: It’s about building relationships with our members, about seeing connections and opportunities for them, about getting to the bottom of what they want and delivering it to them with warmth, generosity and 5-star service.
- You’re naturally sociable, the life of the party, you find it easy to make new friends and close relationships.
- Previous work experience in hospitality or other customer-facing roles is essential.
- Must have strong verbal and written commuication skills.
- Understanding and experience of managing a team is preferred.
- Exceptionally organised: Time management and attention to detail are paramount.
- You’ll be able to juggle a lot of different things at once, whilst keeping our members at the forefront of everything you do.
- Managing multiple workloads as well as your own to ensure your team are operating with optimum efficiency.
- Most of all, we need someone who will throw their all into our mission. We need someone who will join us in going above and beyond to build something great.
We see the good in everyone. We celebrate our differences.
We keep community at our core, and we know that a community can only thrive when it is diverse and inclusive. We welcome people from all backgrounds and experiences, whatever your race, religion, status, sexuality, gender identity, age, appearance or disability. There is no set blueprint for a Runway East team member. What matters to us is your spirit.
What About the Money?
£32,000 per annum
Besides working with the greatest people in the world? Well…
- Time Off 🤸 31 days including bank holidays plus an extra day for every year you’re at RWE. We also give you your birthday off (because no one should work on their birthday)
- Wellbeing 🧠 Private health & dental insurance, half-price gym membership, access to Spill (which offers video therapy sessions through Slack), mental health days & a Bike2Work scheme
- Contribute 🌎 assign two workdays per year to charitable work with Matchable
- Learning & Development 📚 £150pa personal growth budget, access to Learnamp (a curated platform of learning resources), regular lunch & learns
- The Usual Suspects 👍 - paid sick days, compassionate leave, enhanced parental leave for long-service and life insurance
- RWE outings 🎉 - we love organised (and not so organised) fun, culminating in an annual team trip (Barcelona, Alicante, Rhodes, and Budapest to name some past trips!)
More about us
Still reading? Great! So, Runway East provides a springboard for entrepreneurs: a working space, a supportive team, years of experience. We help nurture new ideas into new businesses, and we love doing it.
These are our values, if you share them, let’s talk.
Community Obsessed. You understand our members and their needs - delivering world-class service with enthusiasm and charm. You see every challenge as an opportunity to delight our members.
Open. You are open-minded and engaged. You own your mistakes and take steps to actively learn from them. You give and receive feedback with positive intent to develop yourself and the business.
Give a Damn. You are continuously driving yourself to improve. You care about the little things and you take pride in doing them well - you care about the company, our members and your teammates.
Entrepreneurial. You question the status quo and stand up to fix things, taking the initiative to find and deliver solutions. You are resilient and determined and when the going gets tough, you don’t give up.
Fired up by what you’ve read so far? Hit apply, we want to meet you.