Contract: 4 months - maternity cover
Location: Fully remote based within 2 hours of European timezones (CEST)
Main requirements: 5years + as a Product Designer or UI/UX designer with strong portfolio, Figma
About the role
Remote Year’s searching for a Product Designer to help us design the digital experience and products to compliment the life changing experiences we offer our customers.
Reporting into the Head of Technology you will work in a small agile team to deliver high quality designs. You should feel comfortable working autonomously and across both UX and UI disciplines to bring ideas from conception all the way to pixel perfect designs.
Your responsibilities will include, and are not limited to
- Create user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups for the Remote Year website, dashboard, back office, and future products on both mobile and desktop
- Collaborate with product managers to translate business objectives and requirements into great UX and UI
- Present and iterate on design concepts with stakeholders and incorporate feedback
- Continuously drive improvements to the user experience by leveraging qualitative and quantitative data
- Help to standardise design system guidelines and supporting visual libraries
- Work closely with software developers to ensure the quality of design implementation
- Stay on top of UX/UI design best practices and industry trends
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer or UX / UI Designer with a strong portfolio
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate the rationale and thought process behind ideas and solutions
- Strong skills with Figma
- Ability to collaborate with people from different disciplines with different needs
- Ability to be thrive in a rapidly growing team, be flexible, and adjust quickly to changes in priority or customer needs
- Ability to stay organised, efficient, and manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Experience working remotely
About Remote Year
Remote Year is the world’s favourite remote working community and a worry-free work and travel program. Since 2015, we have facilitated over 80 life-changing programs for over 4,000 individuals, and we are proud of our Excellent (4.6) Trustpilot rating. Whether you’ve worked and traveled before or this is your first time, you can bring your job, explore over 80 destinations around the world and leave the planning to us. Our community is anywhere you are, great for making new friends, getting travel tips or quick advice on nomad visas and taxes plus a range of events and adventures to share.
We believe in the transformative power of travel, and empower people to live, work, learn, and grow in the world’s most inspiring destinations on our 1 week retreats or 1-month, 4-month, and 12-month journeys.
We are pioneers in remote working, and as a fully remote and virtual company, we believe that travel and remote work lead to innovation, exploration, and personal and professional growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote, like on our programs, the world is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything "remote"
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs