Do it Now Now (DiNN) is an open innovation organisation committed to the social empowerment to Black people through the provision of access to opportunities for social mobility through entrepreneurship and employment. We bring skilled talent, charities, social entrepreneurs, start-up teams, social innovators, investors and philanthropists together to address social challenges, solve problems and support the development of underserved groups.
Our communications activities are typically centred on our initiatives:
- Common Call: a community of leaders in social enterprises and charities, this programme seeks to offer funding opportunities and skill development for the Black community.
- AfriTech XYZ: a community of African founders and entrepreneurs working on tech solutions to local problems.
- My Moon Landing: a community of Black women, LGBTQ+, and non-binary people, MML offers support through events and mentorship.
- Do it Now Now: the hub for our reports, news, and success stories of our key programmes.
- Black and Good: a community of Black entrepreneurs and founders in the UK, this programme offers support through online training and events.
- Voltage Revolution: a community of 18-24-year-olds. This community is served by online training programmes and events designed to help young people gain employability skills and ultimately work within the tech and creative industries.
- Melding: we provide consultancy and training to charities and social enterprises to help them improve their Diversity and Inclusion practices
- Centre Black: a research centre focused on improving access to high quality research focused on the UK’s Black community.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Lead the management of the digital portfolio, creating and commissioning engaging, responsive and innovative content (publications, videos, images, and podcasts) that supports the brand and marketing strategies, ensuring that it is relevant, consistent, and meets the deadlines across all channels and events.
- Develop and maintain an annual content strategy and calendar for our initiatives in line with brand strategy and long-term organisational goals, and in close collaboration with social media manager and community platforms manager.
- Edit, copy, and ensure our content adheres to brand guidelines.
- Edit website pages and maintain quality assurance.
- Track analytics for our websites and make recommendations on improving engagement and leads
- Monitor and optimise SEO
- Working and developing a team of freelance content creators, designers, and website builders, creating processes and organising administrative aspects of high quality content production.
- Co-design, facilitate and attend workshops, roundtable discussions, and other key stakeholder events aimed at furthering our influence and brand recognition
- Developing and executing strategies to achieve short and long term objectives
- To carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by your line manager.
Essential - design skills; graphics web, print
Essential - copywriting and copy editing skills
Desirable - existing work experience in Black focused media, racial justice or charity sector
- You’re highly organised and self-motivated.
- You are an ambitious leader. You recognise the importance of what we are trying to achieve and see your role in that.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to find things, solve things, answer questions, reach people.
- You are passionate about the cause. You have a demonstrated interest and motivation to support Black people to achieve social mobility.
- You have sound judgement. You work independently, and when faced with issues react calmly and logically.
- You're a positive, solutions-oriented, and entrepreneurial individual with a drive for excellence.
- You can engage remotely and with autonomy.
- You’re a team player and manager, with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Do it Now is dedicated to believing that all lives have equal value. We’re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve—in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs—and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.
Thank you for your consideration.