MASAJ // Social Media & Content Producer
Salary - £30k Per Annum
Start Date - 1st November (ASAP)
Contract - Full-time / Hybrid - Office & Remote
Works Closely With - Central Team
Reporting to - Founder, Alice Vaughan
Who Are We?
MASAJ is east London’s leading massage company. Designed as a sanctuary for Londoners looking to combat the negative effects of city living, we’ve been bringing our own brand of bodywork to the city’s wellbeing scene since 2016, all while focussing on creating an inclusive, supportive environment for our community, and committing to sustainable, ethical and local business practices across the board.
Our company motto is ‘Come As You Are’ - a nod to our mission to continue to develop an inclusive and welcoming environment for all. We support an incredibly diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace, and warmly welcome applications from different backgrounds.
We have a really exciting opportunity for a Social Media & Content Producer to join our team. This role is a full-time position, with most days in the central office in London Fields, and a few remote. However, this set-up can be negotiated on application and can be renegotiated for the right candidate.
Who We’re Seeking
With plans in motion to expand the business across London, we are searching for a Social Media & Content Producer to join our central team. This is a new role in a rapidly developing business, and will need a high level of creativity, organisation, collaboration and skill - to help showcase who we are as a brand by creating content across our media channels, including Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn. This role will look after our growing newsletter and budding Journal, as well as be the main in-house point of contact for our marketing consultants, such as our Graphic Designer and SEO consultant.
The role will be successful for the candidate who can be agile and reactive, but also a planner who can forward-think. You’ll need to see and celebrate the hard work that has gone into the brand so far, and utilise our strong brand guidelines to make our voice heard to existing and new audiences.
We are expecting to grow the number of MASAJ sites at an ambitious rate over the next few years, regarding ourselves as a serious start-up that can dominate our market. Our Social Media & Content Producer will plan our content ahead of time, expertly fine-tuning ways of using high quality content across multiple channels - to spread the MASAJ word and help tell our story.
The Nitty-Gritty of the Role
- Produce, plan and curate Instagram content, leaving space for reactive posting.
- Work with the site-based teams to promote daily availability and individual therapists
- Produce engaging newsletters regularly and reactively.
- Write journal pieces that promote our brand and story.
- Act as a sounding board for creative ideas and represent the creative team in all hands-off meetings.
- Work closely with Graphic Designer to speak to existing and new audiences through content.
- Work with other marketing consultants, providing them with support, assets and granting access they need to effectively carry out their roles efficiently and effectively.
- Engage with our team of therapists in order to market them properly.
- You are a marketing professional with experience in producing content, and a natural leaning towards storytelling and brand identity.
- You have considerable and demonstrable experience of B2C marketing (either in-house or agency side), and are a digital native, with the ability to quickly adopt and develop our strong brand TOV.
- You are comfortable being a hands-on team member as well as a strategic thinker - able to trust your gut and use your initiative to iterate and work creatively, but never afraid to seek collaboration or guidance when required.
- You are passionate about modern wellbeing and have knowledge of and an interest in the London wellness / service-industry marketplace.
- You have experience of managing freelancers and agencies, and of working with a diverse range of team members and collaborators.
- You have a passion and hunger for growth, and are committed to working as part of a driven team to drive meaningful change in our business and the broader industry.
We’d like to have you work alongside our London-based team at MASAJ HQ in London Fields for most of the week, with the opportunity to work remotely some days too.
We generally work regular office hours Monday - Friday, but trust each other to make good decisions. Some out of hours work will be required, as well as travel to our Studios across London - and there is a fair degree of flexibility to the working hours of this position to account for the breadth and depth of this role.
Salary + Benefits
- £30k salary per annum
- 25 days annual leave, plus an extra day off for your birthday
- Dream Factory membership
- Copy Club membership
- Team socials, off-sites and meals
- A supportive & friendly team of hard-working people
- Quarterly team socials
- Quarterly guest speakers to learn from
- Discounts with brilliant local businesses
- Discounted monthly massages at MASAJ
- A varied work environment
- Ample opportunities for training and development
- Opportunity for career progression as we scale
- Opportunity to be part of a fast-paced start-up with ambitious goals
- The start date for this role is as soon as possible
- The interview process will be in two stages: a video interview via Willo, followed by a face to face interview which will include a presentation.
Applying for this Role
To apply and give us a flavour of who you are and why you are right for this role, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This email should include a comprehensive CV, plus a cover letter that includes a summary of the relevant experience you will be bringing to this role; and a personal statement outlining why you believe you are the person who should join our team and scale-up our contemporary massage brand into London and beyond.
We really look forward to receiving your application.
*Please note that applications without a personalised cover letter will simply not be considered*