We're on a mission to inspire people to live a more adventure-rich life, help a global community of local and independent businesses to make a great living doing what they love, and protect our world’s wild places in the process.
Our multi-award-winning adventures are continually rated 5* by our community of loyal customers, we’re backed by some of Europe’s leading investors and entrepreneurs, and are proudly part-community owned. We were named ‘Best Travel Agent of the Year’ at the 2021 Travolution Awards, as well as picking up awards at the 2021 Safe and Sustainable Awards and WTM Responsible Tourism Awards for our industry leadership in response to the climate crisis. We’ve also recently been certified as B Corp.
So if you want to build a global leading brand in one of the fastest-growing sectors in travel, and get a kick out of making good things happen, then you are in the right place.
We’re looking for an experienced Customer Support Specialist to join our Customer Experience Team. You will support the continued growth of our new sales & the smooth running of our local host’s adventure trip departures all around the world. Working alongside our existing Customer Experience team you will be responsible for providing support to our new and existing customers and ensuring our exceptional customer service standards and industry-leading feedback scores are upheld across the platform as we scale.
You’ll be the first point of call for queries and questions and love nothing more than speaking to our customers about which adventure they should book next. Previous experience in the adventure travel / travel industry, or in a fast-paced high-volume e-commerce company is highly favourable.
- Hours: 40 per week
- Rota: Tuesday - Saturday: 9am - 5pm (GMT)
- Salary: £26,000 - £28,000, plus stock options and other benefits**
- Location: Remote
Each day you’ll be…
- Supporting our adventurers at all stages of their customer journey.
- The first point of call for all adventure queries on the phone, live chat, social media and email; enabling our customers to successfully book the hassle-free experiences we’re renowned for.
- Converting a high rate of enquiries into new bookings and answering pre-departure questions from our customers.
- Working in conjunction with our local hosts around the world to manage existing bookings & ensure a consistently clear, friendly and positive booking experience is delivered at all times for our customers.
- Problem solving customer barriers to booking and website issues, ensuring no customer waits more than 24 hours for a response from our team or our local hosts.
- Composing friendly, thoughtful and accurate replies to customer and host questions.
- Monitoring and controlling numerous tasks and issues simultaneously.
- Sharing your customer insights and experiences with the rest of the team to ensure we are re continuously improving our user experience.
You should apply if:
- You have previous experience in customer support in the adventure, travel or outdoor sector; or you have a background in customer service in the e-commerce sector.
- You love talking to new people and have a passion for adventure travel.
- You have exceptional written & spoken English, with a warm and friendly personality that gets our customers excited about their adventures.
- You are a great listener and emotionally intelligent. You empathise with others easily and are able to adapt your conversations to deliver personal experiences.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment where no two days are the same.
- You’re focused, experienced at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and can prioritise the most important.
- You are self-driven and be able to work independently as part of a remote team.
- You pick up new technologies quickly and are always looking at ways to improve how you work. (Previous experience using HubSpot is a definite bonus.)
- You are a team player and what we’re doing here at MBA excites you!
- Fully remote working (within GMT +/- 2)
Using Apple products & cloud based software such as Slack, Notion, Google Workspace, plus budget for home-working setup.
- 30 days holiday +bank holidays.
- Annual company-performance based bonus.
- Employee share option scheme - everyone is a part-owner here.
- Quarterly Customer Experience Team meet-ups.
- Yearly company-wide adventure meet-up.
- Free adventure in your first year, plus staff discounts & budget to join adventures each year.
- Family & friends discount.
- Access to budget for learning and self development.
- An entrepreneurial and creative environment where great ideas are actively encouraged, and taking responsibility for them is expected.
- The warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing you are making a huge difference to small independent business, local economies and communities.
- Closing date: Monday 31 October 2022
- Application process: a short video interview, followed by a longer, ideally in-person, interview in Bristol or London.
- Please note:
* We reserve the right to close the job early should we find an ideal candidate to fill the position.
** Job description updated on 19/10/22: Salary amended to £26-28k + remote added to job title.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds to put their name in the hat. Our flexible remote working arrangements exist to support everyone in the team to achieve that all-important work/life balance.