Americans love pizza. In fact, so much that 350 slices of pizza are eaten every second of every day. Portable pizza ovens are the fastest-growing sector in the global outdoor cooking market and Ooni stands alone at the forefront of this rapidly expanding market. That figures… y’know, since we invented them in the first place. Italy may be the home of pizza, but the US is where it goes to party! We sell Ooni products all over the world, but the US is, by far, our biggest market.
Ooni is in the middle of an extreme growth phase in the United States and is looking to add experienced leaders with an entrepreneurial and team-oriented mindset to its roster. This role will work alongside our US Sales Team (and our Global Sales Team) to develop and grow our omni-channel retail presence in this market.
The National Account Manager is responsible for selling Ooni Pizza Ovens and Accessories to our retail partners. He or she must achieve sales plans, drive strategic growth and protect the profitability within their designated national accounts.
- Manage a portfolio of wholesale national accounts – developing relationships and terms of business.
- Coach and develop a team of inside account managers that help support the national growth.
- Collaborate and maintain strong partnerships with key senior-level decision-makers with each national account.
- Ensure sales and marketing targets are achieved on a quarterly basis.
- Lead seasonal product forecasting, rolling monthly forecasting, and strategic planning.
- Track consumer and product trends nationally to inform sell-in and sell-through tactics.
- Collaborate internally with sales, product, retail marketing, and finance teams.
- Track demand planning, projections and retail partners sell through and adjust to ensure account success is optimized.
- Using strong business acumen and retail math abilities to drive the top and bottom-line numbers for the account.
- Drive account growth and profitability by assessing and building on areas of momentum; capitalize on product/pricing opportunities and course correct with innovative sales tactics to improve sales performance with account.
- Develop a strategic sales plan for complex retail accounts leveraging account insight and goals to achieve sales targets and align with brand and category objectives.
- Leverage market and competitor trends along with buyer preferences at the category level to build strategic sales plans.
- Based on specific product and brand direction for focus categories at account, lead the sell in and especially sell through process in collaboration with retail marketing.
- Collaborate with marketing and retail activation partners to drive sell through programs at the national accounts.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all internal departments and national accounts.
- Deliver on time reporting and forecasting for all required reports and documents to appropriate parties.
- Consistent and thoughtful use of retail marketing assets to improve in-store position, execution and performance.
- Demo our products at trade shows, training events and national account meetings (training will be a must).
- Drive continuous improvements and efficiencies in our account management processes.
- Travel (30%) is expected to meet with accounts, attend events/tradeshows, and visit stores locally.
We’re an exciting and rapidly growing business and there’s loads going on… We’ll ask you to be flexible in your approach to work and have a wonderful ability to prioritize.
Apply if you:
- Have 6 years of experience working in a sales and/or account management role, preferably within the outdoor industry, consumer goods, or a retailer.
- Have 3 years of sales leadership experience.
- Have excellent communication and people skills.
- Willing to travel within the US to meet with retail accounts.
- Are natural at building positive authentic working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Have a well-organized way of working and handling client requests.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Can ace presentations and product demonstrations
- Are proactive and efficient. Our customers are our number one priority, we want them to feel valued and so we need to respond to them quickly, and more importantly, positively
- Have experience of, or show willingness to quickly learn how to use, CRMs, Slack and ERP software
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Have a positive, growth mindset.
- Love talking about pizza.
- Can really get on board with our values. Especially Rigour for this job. And even more especially Passion. They’re all important!
- Prefer a hybrid work environment and Austin, Texas.
The quick version is:
- We make epic pizza ovens that cook awesome pizza in 60 seconds
- We’ve got an amazing regional office in Austin, Texas with a growing team of amazing people. We’re now up to 300+ in the global team. This was less than 100 this time last year and only 50 the year before that. And they are all AWESOME - our culture is core to our whole reason for being.
- These are our values: Passion, Rigour, Innovation, Ambition and Kindness. We really do live by them and demand them in everything we do. It isn’t just corporate mumbo jumbo to us. See how they’re capitalized to show how important they are?
- Competitive salary
- $672 Passion Fund every year to spend on your passion – whatever that may be.
- $1200 to spend on Ooni products each year, plus 50% discount on all other Ooni stuff
- 35 days paid holiday per year
- Great pizza every single day if you want it. Yep. Every single day. And we’ll teach you to become a pizza pro
- Raising money for charity – we’re all about giving back… and having lots of fun in the process!